Are people now making their own scenarios? ...

A new scenario/battle editor is in development and should be following hot on the heels of Waterloo - any questions can go here.
uxbridge
Reactions:

Are people now making their own scenarios? ...

Post by uxbridge »

... and if so, are they available to be shared? I'm looking forward to being challenged
etf7506
Reactions:

Re: Are people now making their own scenarios? ...

Post by etf7506 »

Good question!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

The latest version of the KS Mod includes 29 scenarios. Some of them use Gettysburg maps or the add-ons map packs for GB so you will need that game as well to play some of the scenarios.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
miko77
Reactions:

Post by miko77 »

I make scenarios but they are only suitable for MP games as I play only MP - but I don't consider any of them good enough yet to be shared.
Also mitra has already published quite a few scenarios on Matrix forum(not sure if they are good for SP).
I wonder is there suitable place for sharing scenarios in this forum? Maybe in this subsection?
pancerni
Reactions:

Post by pancerni »

The latest version of the KS Mod includes 29 scenarios. Some of them use Gettysburg maps or the add-ons map packs for GB so you will need that game as well to play some of the scenarios.
I have what I think is the lasted KS Mod installed and I don't see any scenarios under the "Scenarios" tab...I must have the Gettysburg maps installed since they are an option when I create my sandbox scenarios. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

v1.17 released 2 days ago is the latest KS version. You will see all the KS scenarios if you select "single player" and "user scenarios". The ones that use the pay-for GB maps will still show up in the list, but unless you own GB and its add-ons you won't be able to play them.

I recommend buying GB anyway because you do get some very nice maps with it. There's also the Antietam, Chancellorsville and Brandy Station add-ons. The Brandy Station map is particularly good.
pancerni
Reactions:

Post by pancerni »

Thanks for the heads up on V117...I downloaded the files and put them into the mod folder. At first I removed the 116 folder and loaded the game, checked the 117 mod and resigned...the game initializes without recognizing the modification. I moved the 116 folder back into the mod folder, checked 116 rather than 117, resigned and reloaded the game. The mod is there, so 116 still works but, for me at least, 117 is not initializing.

Any idea why not?
Gran Capitán
Reactions:

Post by Gran Capitán »

You may have the folder of the mod duplicated, the right thing is to have the mod folder (with its name) and inside the files and folders of the mod.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I would remove 116 first and store it safely somewhere away from the SOWWL folder. Then d/l 117 and save the zip file to your desktop. When its ready double click it to open it and then just drag the single folder inside it into the mods folder of SOWWL. That is all you need to do.

Then activate it in-game and of course close the game fully after you've activated it before attempting to play.

You will need the new Supplemental Maps Mod as well. It's v1.11
pancerni
Reactions:

Post by pancerni »

I would remove 116 first and store it safely somewhere away from the SOWWL folder. Then d/l 117 and save the zip file to your desktop. When its ready double click it to open it and then just drag the single folder inside it into the mods folder of SOWWL. That is all you need to do

That's what I originally did...I removed 116, downloaded 117 and put the single 117 folder into the mods folder of SOWWL...I went in to the mod menu, checked 117, resigned from the game and opened it again but the game initialized as the original version, not the moded version. I put the 116 folder back into the SOWWL mod folder, started the game, checked mod 116, resigned and the game started with the 116 version of the mod.

I did not upgrade the maps to 1.11...still have 1.10 in the folder.