Can you just permanenly turn off the AI for your troops

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Can you just permanenly turn off the AI for your troops

Post by Saddletank »

You can TC your troops if you only command a division but if you use the game's full epic scope of corps and army command it will possibly become a mad clickfest to control all those units that way. The AI command is not that bad - please don't base your opinion on some other dumb AI in other games. This game's AI has its quirks and some strangeness but on the whole it does behave like a human military commander, even though he may not do things the way you would have ;)

I personally find the fact that your subordinates are not robots and can sometimes jeopardise your plan by being headstrong or too cautious to add to the pleasure of final victory.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
JPFisher55
Reactions:

Post by JPFisher55 »

I tried, but half the time, my units follow orders and then half the time they ignore me no matter what I do. It seems that once they see the enemy, I lose all control. This is not what I want in a wargame.

It may be realistic, but it is not fun for me.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

As an Army Commander, I suggest to Micro Manage down to division level or you'll have troops advancing forward to the enemy which you may not want. It takes some work but I do not not like to sacrifice any of my troops. But as somebody said, it's how you like it.....

And position most of your artillery across oncoming roads because that's where the enemy will come in practically most cases. This helps us Rebs sorta even the numbers with the Yanks. Send those horse soldiers out scouting too, there you will find the enemy artillery just waiting to be slaughtered.....not realistic but it's what the game gives us.....

the reb...