AI tutorial

A section for Waterloo videos, screenshots and fan art. Post any of your creations here!
mitra76
Reactions:

Re: AI tutorial

Post by mitra76 »

Thanks Warez :)
1. What is the relationship of the division commander's stance if you set another stance for one or more of his brigades? E.g. division commander stance is "Hold to the Last" and you set one or more of his brigades to "All out Attack"? What is the effect of this? Will the AI division commander "override" (or attempt to) the human players stance selection for one or more of the brigades (i.e. back to "Hold" or "Hold to the Last" depending on characteristics)? Is there an advantage to setting different stances for your brigades than those set for the division commander?
The stance of division commander is part of division deployment schema determination (more aggressive, more aggressive schema) which determine also the brigade stances, so a division officer with aggressive stance has more chances to have aggressive brigade commanders but is not a rule, there're many factors involved. Division commanders with hold to the last never determine a schema, so it is the correct stance in order to have the division under more strict control.

The stance set from the players are not changed, but anyway (a part for the case of hold to the last and all out attack) the brigade officers can change them in autonomy in particular situations, like a change of destination given from the player.
2. A Division commander has "No Stance" or "Neutral" - same for his Brigades. When the Division comes into contact with the enemy, will the Division commander attempt change his stance depending on his characteristics, i.e. change himself and/or one or more of his brigades from "Neutral" to "Defend"?
Division commanders don't acquire stance automatically when engage only brigade commanders do; anyway also neutral schema permits the division schema determination (and stances for the brigades as described above)
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
FightingWarez
Reactions:

Re: AI tutorial

Post by FightingWarez »

Thanks for the clarification Mitra76 - that all make sense, and thanks again for sharing all these wonderful insights with us!