Vegatation/Objects causing massive amount of lag (GTX 750 ti)

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Burdy323
Reactions:

Vegatation/Objects causing massive amount of lag (GTX 750 ti)

Post by Burdy323 »

Hey,

Just as the topic says. looking at farm land instantly tanks my game to absurd FPS levels of 3 to 7. Towns as well. pressing T until everything is off instantly bumps my FPS up to around 60. When I look at afterburner, my GPU Usage/Power Usage is either darting up and down between 0 and 100%, or staying at around 5/6%. Overclocking does not help my performance.

My PSU is weak, so maybe there is a power conflict between a stressed CPU and GPU? However, when I drop
my CPU clock down to 3.3 GHZ (from 3.8), the same problem persists with the same weird power usage issue coming from afterburner.

My rig consists of :

I5 760 @ 3.8 Ghz
6 GB of Ram @ 1033 MHz
GTX 750 ti stock clock
450 Watt PSU
Jim
Reactions:

Re: Vegatation/Objects causing massive amount of lag (GTX 750 ti)

Post by Jim »

There are several adjustments in the Options that will significantly affect FPS, try turning down % trees and perhaps draw distance. Also the size of the battle will make a large difference due to the AI load. As a practical note, most people find anything over 15 FPS to be fully successful in terms of how the game plays.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863