A few questions with the 4th scenary:"A storm of lead an iron"

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Roberbond
Reactions:

A few questions with the 4th scenary:"A storm of lead an iron"

Post by Roberbond »

hi! I have bought the game a few days ago and I am very happy with this game.

I am playing the 4th scenario now and I don´t understand a few things:

1) With my first try I went to McPherson´s Farm directly with two brigades, after some time fighting Joseph R. Davis (managed by the AI) under Hill command joined me and we could crash the enemy without problem. I got 57000 points but the rest of army was almost destroyed trying to get the second objective in the hill, so I ended the fight.
2) In a second play, I went to McPherson´s Farm only with one brigade and I tried to reach the other objective with the rest of my brigades. The fight in the farm was hard but I won it and the blues run away. Nobody joined the fight this time, why?
Altought I was in the farm only with one brigade commander and 2 divisions the objective score was 0. There were a few brigades but very far away and they didn´t attack again.

I could take the second objetive but my final score was not very high at the end of the battle, because I could´t get a single point from McPherson´s Farm.

3) Reading again the first order it says: "Early Division will arrive soon on your left"
That was a bug or did he really arrive later in the real history? I didn´t see his division.

I saw Hill´s division as I say before, but he only helped me once with one brigade.
Can I contact with the AI and command them to attack or help me?

p.d: Im sorry for my english.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: A few questions with the 4th scenary:"A storm of lead an iron"

Post by Saddletank »

I do know the AI will play differently sometimes, its not simply programmed to do the same thing each time you play the scenario. Sometimes a scenario will be "easy" because the AI helps you, other times it will be very hard to win because it does something else.

Welcome to the fun world of SoW as well!
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Roberbond
Reactions:

Post by Roberbond »

Thanks for the answer. Can I send messages to AI´s Commander? is there any chance they obey the orders?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I'm sorry I don't play the scenarios, maybe someone who does will help you out. I know that in sandbox you can only tell them you are in contact with enemy at X location (obviously where you are) and I think you can request support via one of the courier request options. Any kind offree text message has no effect.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Did you read the posts for GB04 here? ...there's three threads:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/comman ... d-overview

The arrival of Early's Division is historical, but has nothing to do with this scenario. I think that message was added only as a historical note.

Regardless, you don't need help. Fight your way to the objectives and hold them til they time out.
SPOILER: SHOW
Welcome aboard!
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Roberbond
Reactions:

Post by Roberbond »

thanks again!