Windows 10 Screen

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
MLandini
Reactions:

Windows 10 Screen

Post by MLandini »

I am running SOW Gettysburg.

I downloaded Windows 10 and when I start the game it does not appear on the full screen. I changed the compatibility mode to Windows 7, but the issue still appears. Do you know how to change the settings for full screen mode? Thanks
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Windows 10 Screen

Post by Saddletank »

You can also try running it in XP compatibility mode.

You can change the screen resolution by going into SoWGB.ini, which is at Scourge of War - Gettysburg/Work/

Under the [Initialization] section of that file you'll see the values:

[Initialization]
Full Screen=1
Screen Res=11

The first one will display full screen if set to 1, and a Windowed screen if set to 0. The second one is your VERTICAL screen resolution x000 pixels so you can see mine is 1100. In fact it's 1050 with a horizontal of 1680 but the init section seems to be happy with just a 2 digit notation.

If your game screen goes crazy, you can alt-tab out and adjust via the sowgb.ini file until you are satisfied.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
MLandini
Reactions:

Post by MLandini »

Thanks - the initialization was set at 1 - I reset it again to 1 and retried and got the same result.

Could it be something in the display properties of Windows 10?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

As I only use Win7 I can't help you on that. I hope a Win10 user can pop in here and help out.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Also check and see what your screen resolution is set at. If it is the same as your screen full screen and not will look the same. Also you many need to check the 'Run as administrator' box as well.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
MLandini
Reactions:

Post by MLandini »

Thanks again - it still does not show on the entire screen - vertical is fine but horizontal is not.
MLandini
Reactions:

Post by MLandini »

Thanks for everyone looking at this - the beginning menu is not full screen, but the game is now full screen once loaded, so it now is displaying as it should