Liven up the community - on this forum?

A dedicated section to start arranging MP games and groups for our new engine, Waterloo!
miko77
Reactions:

Liven up the community - on this forum?

Post by miko77 »

Hi All,
I really see the potential in SoW: WL.. despite the flaws there appears to be quite a significant group of people liking it and considering the best Napoleonic game available.
The things looking quite bright, however we seem to be scattered all around the world on different forums.
It's fair enough if Australians can't get the same times to play as Europeans.. but.. there is enough Europeans willing to play MP to play every night - I suppose.
So, my question is - which would be the best place to arrange games? here? Matrix forum?
I know KS mod has its own forum but this would then exclude vanilla players... I play KS myself but not strictly following all the rules that KS creators written down.
Please, say your thoughts.

Miko
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Liven up the community - on this forum?

Post by Saddletank »

If people wish to play the KS Mod but not using 10yds HITS and couriers its probably best to discuss games here, same with vanilla. We'd rather give tech support on the KS forum however so that there is just one repository of problem resolution and information posts for players to go to.

If anyone is wanting full fog of war and asymmetric scenarios then discussing KS Mod games is probably best done on the KS forum, because there's a ton of people there already doing that ;).

I think Mitra is supporting the Matrix forum very well with vanilla scenarios but I haven't seen an MP group forming over there, perhaps people are doing that on Steam?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
miko77
Reactions:

Post by miko77 »

Thanks Saddletank.

I'll discuss things and share my scenarios here then.
I'm willing to join and try KS in your mode, maybe even tonight.

Steam group does exist but it's not the perfect solution as not all SoW players use Steam.
miko77
Reactions:

Post by miko77 »

Is KS forum down today? If yes, are you planning a game tonight?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

The forum is up. I posted there a few minutes ago.

A game is planned for tomorrow as Friday is one of our regular "big" nights. If enough people turn up we could do a p v p game. There might be a smaller more casual game on today though but I'm not able to make it.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.