Windows 10 Automatic Update coming !

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Windows 10 Automatic Update coming !

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey guys,

Not sure if you guys saw or heard about this change coming. It seem that Microsoft is pushing Windows 10 upgrade automatically soon, maybe in the next few days.
You can stop the auto update by changing your option in Windows Updates in Control Panel. I changed mine to :

" Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them".

Here is a link to one of the stories :

http://www.howtogeek.com/241329/upgrade ... -everyone/

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
SJDI
Reactions:

Re: Windows 10 Automatic Update coming !

Post by SJDI »

"–like if you rely on a piece of software or hardware compatibility with software and hardware that won’t necessarily work with Windows 10."

Ah yes, Microsoft doesn't care about small amount of users that will have problems.

Who cares about the 1-2%? Alas that is todays mentality.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Chamberlain : How is everything going!

Windows 10 Home Version 64bit - Works well with the previous game (SOWGB) along with the other games that I have Installed, Arma3 and Silent Hunter 4 .

Sooner or later everyone is probably going to have to upgrade if Microsoft has anything to say about it, but that will take approximately five or six years.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Davinci Everything is ok here and how are you doing ?

I'm sure you are right about that as Microsoft will probably ending up dropping support to Win 7 as they did with XP.

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today