Maps as promissed...

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re: Maps as promissed...

Post by Chamberlain »

Ok let me see if I get this straight.
In "scenario.csv" from the Bragg and Rosecrans scenarios DRIL_LVL3_CAV_COLUMN was changed to DRIL_LVL4_CAV_COLUMN
BOTH in line 472 and 982 of column N?

If corrected, this should fix the crash.

BUT, If it is LvL3 or LvL4 on my system I get NO crash at all. Weird!!!
Yes, it was Lvl3 in both of the scenario.csv files on the lines and column mentioned above..

Yes, weird !

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Fantastic....Success....Missed the Line 472 in Bragg.....Thank to all you guys, this was a fun exercise, and I have learned some much related to troubleshooting this particular type of issue.....If needed, I'll review the BR files when I have time, most of them displayed same error.

Another thanks Mark.....Great job.

the reb.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

I looked at a few scenarios in the Bull Run Campaign and found or notice the following:
Again, I'm operating with XP and only a few mods were on.

BR-11: Line 4 of the scenario file was a 3, changed to 4 and had success.
BR-03 and BR-04: Both failed. Possible reasons in Log were 1) ID Not Found, 2) Graphics not Found, and Battle script Errors.

thanks,
reb
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

I looked at the two scenarios of Murfreesboro Campaign, Summer and Winter, and found the following:
In Scenario File, Changed the following LVL3's to LVL4's and had success: Line 4, 118, 208, 321, 419.
Both scenarios are Federal Armies....booo.....where's the good guys at? just kidding.

Thanks,
reb
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

To all,
As I have stated multiple times, with regrets I have added the OOBs from other people, downloaded from this sight. They are mostly junk.

I will try to be more complete in my release oob.
Chickamauga and Chattanooga will be better.

I reiterate..:
Since I know LVL3 does not exist, and the Master OOBs do not contain LVL3, and you copy and paste from master OOB to create scenario.csv,

Where did the LVL3 text string magically appear from?
I most certainly did not put it there. And if it is not in the Master OOB, how is it generated?

As I recall, this has happened before.
Last edited by MarkT on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark S. Tewes
simovitch
Reactions:

Post by simovitch »

This some good stuff - thank you MarkT and the others that helped. I'm playing the BR01 scenario and it's unfolding rather close to the actual battle.

However I seem to be missing the famous "Stone House" building at the crossroads - am I missing something? I have all the modules except Pipe Creek. I also would have liked to see the stone bridge at Bull Run but I figured there was not enough vertical relief at this crossing?

Anyway, these are fun, thanks again. Looking forward to more.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey simovitch,

I see in the sowgb.log that there was an error loading a sprite, Henry Hill House :

06:54:57 Loading BR01-Bull Run July21-1st 1861 (Federal Army)
06:54:57 Load your muskets...
06:54:57 06:54:57
06:54:57 Loading Map (BR Bull Run)
09:30:00 Loading Defined Lists
09:30:00 Loading Graphics
09:30:00 NOT FOUND ID - IDS_MLOC_HENRY_HOUSE_HILL

Chamberlain

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
simovitch
Reactions:

Post by simovitch »

Hey simovitch,

I see in the sowgb.log that there was an error loading a sprite, Henry Hill House :

06:54:57 Load your muskets...
06:54:57 06:54:57
06:54:57 Loading Map (BR Bull Run)
09:30:00 Loading Defined Lists
09:30:00 Loading Graphics
09:30:00 NOT FOUND ID - IDS_MLOC_HENRY_HOUSE_HILL

Chamberlain
Chamberlain, so interestingly enough in the scenario, Henry House Hill on the minimap and the objective marker on the main map both are named "NOT FOUND" :side:

Also, I found the Stone House in place on the previous "Manassas" map but it's gone on this new one.

EDIT: I fixed both problems by editing the maplocations.csv file. Hmmm my first mod! :woohoo:
Last edited by simovitch on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

These errors are because you do not own the add-on that the house model is taken from. You get the error but the game will still load but you'll get no model depicted at the location of the house(s) in question.

Solution: Buy the add-ons! :P
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

I have all of the add-ons from day 1... lol lol :)

This Henry Hill House was in the bull run map so it would not appear in the Chancellorsville add-on.

I do see that even with the error in the log, Henry Hill House appears in the Bull Run scenarios in the mod. Maybe it is just an erroneous message but the sprite still appears...

Chamberlain