Maps as promissed...

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
MarkT
Reactions:

Maps as promissed...

Post by MarkT »

Guys,
I am linking you to a Dropbox account (subscription Required) that will allow you to download all the maps I have created/modified. I can only leave this up for a few days, so I would appreciate anyone who can to post these for me.

Updated Download Link - 5/27/16

To install: Unzip the "Civil War" folder. Inside the Civil War folder, you will find several folders for each map. Select all folders, move them to your game Mods folder, enable the mods in game, enjoy!

I have organized them generally by campaign.
I have included some OOB's Most of them out there are junk.
In some cases, I have added in the OOBs, the MOST EXCELLENT Flag mod for 1862 by Rebbugler?

List of maps:

NOTE: You must own Chancellorsville on most to use the Civil War maps, and Waterloo for the Napoleonic Map.

Re-textured and corrected Murfreesboro Summer
Re-textured and corrected Murfreesboro Winter
Re-textured and corrected Manassas, now called Bull Run
Re-textured and corrected Cold Harbor, now called Gaines Mill (need Antietam Purchase)
Re-constructed Random maps of Garnier, adding elevation, and structures, some a complete work over, and one expanded to a 10 mile populated map.
List of Shenandoah (random maps):
10 Mile Random Map
Bakersfield 5 mi Map
Covington 5 mi Map
Fair Market 5 mi Map
Martinburg 5 mi Map
Minersburg 5 mi Map
Smithville 5 mi Map
Thornburg 5 mi Map

For Napoleonics, a re-textured Meckel Stronghold Map (For Martin and Saddletank)

In the final stages:
Chickamauga - This 7.5 mile map will include a complete OOB and a MP scenario.

In process:

Chatanooga - This 7.5 mile map will link up with Chickamauga, and cover the complete battlefield, sans Lookout
mountain.

Future consideration:
10 mile map covering seven days Battles - On hold for the reason below.

As posted else-ware, I really cannot play Waterloo or Gettysburg (due to Windows 10 Pro), so My production of these will probably stop soon, unless an apparent miracle occurs. Nothing has been posted by NSD as well as Matrix that I have seen. :(
Last edited by Little Powell on Fri May 27, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark S. Tewes
the reb
Reactions:

Re: Maps as promissed...

Post by the reb »

Wow Mark this looks great. Unfortunately, I can't get the folder to appear in Mod Section. I believe I have followed your instruction and instruction to download. The only thing I can add is that I'm running patch 1.6 on Windows XP. Could that be the reason? (Everything has been running fantastic on this patch, that why I have not updated?)

Thanks,
the reb
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Wow, what a bumper bundle. Thank you very much Mark. Amazing!
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Saddletank contributes it's a good file, and Mark's work is a breath of fresh air for the ACW guys....Would not having the latest patch affect the download anyone?
thanks,
the reb
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Would not having the latest patch affect the download anyone?
thanks,
the reb - Once the file is downloaded to the Desktop drag the Bull Run Campaigns into the Mods file in the SOWGB game.

Once that is done you activate it, and it should show up in the Map \ Section.

The same thing can probably be done with the other maps, but that is the one that I tried in order to explain this to you.

NOTE - some of the Maps require additional packages files, ( these are the files contain the objects such as houses, etc ).

The Game will freeze while loading waiting on the user to press the space bar to continue.

To By-pass this, here is a very simple trick!

Open NotePad
Click FILE
Click SAVE AS...
Click Save as type and choose the All Files ...
File Name CVille.dat
Click Save

One this is done - Create a Packages folder - drop those files into it and drap that folder into the Maps file.

You might have to do the same for the Sharpsburg.dat if you don't have the Antietam Map.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Awesome stuff, Mark.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Got it.....I had downloaded the folder "Civil War" directly into Mod Folder which didn't work. I then separated each Subfolder from the Civil War Folder and dragged the Subfolders into the Mod Folder and had success.....

Thanks Davinci for your instructions and thank you Mark for this great effort. I do love this game.....Still wish the Powers of Be would of fixed the Sandbox Issue where the armies could of been better organized as located on the map and wished the scenario generator was easier to understand....Maybe they could "Take Out A Ticket"......

I also notice that I had to move these files higher into the Mod Priority Menu to get them recognized. No big deal, but knowing this may help others....

thanks again....
the reb
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

A great addition for both games. Many thanks again Mark.

I was a bit concerned by your comment re Windows 10, and your current inability to play either game.

Mark would be a real loss to the community. Can nothing be done to help him, NSD? This issue will no doubt affect other potential players too.

Martin (J)
Last edited by Martin James on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grog
Reactions:

Post by Grog »

A great addition for both games. Many thanks again Mark.

I was a bit concerned by your comment re Windows 10, and your current inability to play either game.

Mark would be a real loss to the community. Can nothing be done to help him, NSD? This issue will no doubt affect other potential players too.

Martin (J)
+1

Grog
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Playing 10 Mile Random Map....Love it....One more battle (maybe a few more) before getting those golf clubs out....Thanks again Mark....Wish I knew how to make maps, do the mods, etc....too old to learn, just young enough to play....

the reb...