Maps as promissed...

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re: Maps as promissed...

Post by Chamberlain »

Thanks Crikey

That worked... ;) ;)

I checked my log and have no errors at all but still, when I hit the space bar, it craps out...with the 'stopped working'

All other Bull Run scenarios in this Mod are fine, no problems, only this BR04...

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

Open the bull run map csv and replace the 6 with a 1 for the bracken graphic where found.
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

I changed it from 6 to 2 and from 2 to 1 after seeing your response.
But when I hit the space bar ,it craps out...with the 'stopped working'

The log is clean, no errors

All other Bull Run scenarios in this Mod are fine, no problems, only this BR04...

Chamberlain

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Chamberlain - I don't have the Scenario but going by the conversation you could try this!

Open the Mapname.csv file and - Delete all of the Graphic entries, and then Start the Game to see if it works.

If it does work then you know that it is one of the Graphics that is crashing the game.

But, usually if that happens it will show up in the Log.file.

Another thing would be to replace that Mapname.csv file with one from the other Scenarios that you have said does work!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I changed it from 6 to 2 and from 2 to 1 after seeing your response.
But when I hit the space bar ,it craps out...with the 'stopped working'

The log is clean, no errors

Chamberlain
From my experience a CTD with a clean log is almost always an OOB or scenario.csv coc numbering error. Since other scenarios work then that eliminates the OOB. The only way to check/fix this is time and patience, line by line. First off, check that the couriers have one less zero than both sides' commanders, this is common goof.

Edit: Never mind, Crikey found the fix
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon May 29, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Crikey
Reactions:

Post by Crikey »

There's an error in the scenario.ini

Should read

Rank]
CMDLVL1=2
CMDLVL2=1
CMDLVL3=0
CMDLVL4=0
CMDLVL5=0
CMDLVL6=0
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

That did it Crikey ;)

Scenario loaded fine. Thanks for finding the error......

And Thanks RebBugler and Davinci for your assistance as you guys always jump in to help .... We all appreciate it !

;) ;)

Chamberlain

billy28804
Reactions:

Post by billy28804 »

Bull Run scenarios 3 & 4 for Rebel army won't switch to Rebel control, stays with Union commander McDowell.

Edit:

Today I tried again, but this time I went lower to 2nd Manassas and highlighted Pope and went up to choose BR03 & BR04 and Pope remained the commanding general. I highlighted Jackson from a 2nd Manassas scenario and then chose BR04. Good news, it worked. Johnston was my commanding general but with no access to TC PGT Beauregard. I remember reading someone else could only access Johnston in the same scenario. My conclusion was if I had kept Pope and chose BR04 it would have loaded as BR02.

Anyone know a scenario to control the whole reb army?
Last edited by billy28804 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Additional information
pag
Reactions:

Maps as promissed...

Post by pag »

I'm late to the party but just had to say thanks these maps. They are beautifully done. and show a artist's sensitivity for landscape. Wandering through these landscapes near ground level (ie HITS) is like meandering through a landscape painting .  I tried on a 6x8 ' projection display and you could step into the scene.  Thank-you! 
SeriouslyAStoneWall
Reactions:

Post by SeriouslyAStoneWall »

MarkT wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:36 pm Guys,
I am linking you to a Dropbox account (subscription Required) that will allow you to download all the maps I have created/modified. I can only leave this up for a few days, so I would appreciate anyone who can to post these for me.

Updated Download Link - 5/27/16

To install: Unzip the "Civil War" folder. Inside the Civil War folder, you will find several folders for each map. Select all folders, move them to your game Mods folder, enable the mods in game, enjoy!

I have organized them generally by campaign.
I have included some OOB's Most of them out there are junk.
In some cases, I have added in the OOBs, the MOST EXCELLENT Flag mod for 1862 by Rebbugler?

List of maps:

NOTE: You must own Chancellorsville on most to use the Civil War maps, and Waterloo for the Napoleonic Map.

Re-textured and corrected Murfreesboro Summer
Re-textured and corrected Murfreesboro Winter
Re-textured and corrected Manassas, now called Bull Run
Re-textured and corrected Cold Harbor, now called Gaines Mill (need Antietam Purchase)
Re-constructed Random maps of Garnier, adding elevation, and structures, some a complete work over, and one expanded to a 10 mile populated map.
List of Shenandoah (random maps):
10 Mile Random Map
Bakersfield 5 mi Map
Covington 5 mi Map
Fair Market 5 mi Map
Martinburg 5 mi Map
Minersburg 5 mi Map
Smithville 5 mi Map
Thornburg 5 mi Map

For Napoleonics, a re-textured Meckel Stronghold Map (For Martin and Saddletank)

In the final stages:
Chickamauga - This 7.5 mile map will include a complete OOB and a MP scenario.

In process:

Chatanooga - This 7.5 mile map will link up with Chickamauga, and cover the complete battlefield, sans Lookout
mountain.

Future consideration:
10 mile map covering seven days Battles - On hold for the reason below.

As posted else-ware, I really cannot play Waterloo or Gettysburg (due to Windows 10 Pro), so My production of these will probably stop soon, unless an apparent miracle occurs. Nothing has been posted by NSD as well as Matrix that I have seen. :(
Hello, not sure if this is still an active thread or if anyone will ever see this, but it looks like the download link is old and broken, I get a pop up wont download securely in internet explorer and it wont have any effect if I try to download in google chrome. Any possibility of a new link?