Pap Green Attacks Dunker Church

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Irish Brigade
Reactions:

Pap Green Attacks Dunker Church

Post by Irish Brigade »

I have been playing this scenario over and over, and I am only able to get around 3,400 some points. If someone could please give me some advice so I can beat this scenario, that would be great! Thanks!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Pap Green Attacks Dunker Church

Post by RebBugler »

Just ran it to familiarize myself again, even though I designed it it's been years since my last play.

Got my butt kicked, but I remember what to do now. Keep your infantry fresh, move them up gradually behind your friendlies as they gain ground. As you're doing this for the first 20 minutes or so move your artillery through the cornfield supporting that fight there, keep them out of infantry range.

Once the field south of the cornfield is cleared with help from your artillery, about 25 minutes in, it's time for your infantry assaults at the objectives. Take the middle one first, Dunker Church, for it's the hardest to hold, form a deep perimeter to the south and west. Almost simultaneously use your BIG regiment to rush the knoll and capture as many guns as possible, activate the knoll objective with that unit and captured guns. Take the north objective last, but quickly, and guard it's west perimeter, use the fence for cover.
HOLD LIKE HELL. :evil:

Pretty sure this is a winning formula if I remember right, but I'm sure there's others. And even knowing this, you've got a tough fight on your hands in the West Woods, as you already know.

Good Generaling Sir
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Confirmed, this one is tough. After a couple more plays I finally got close, but still no Major Victory. It's refreshing to revisit Antietam after a long hiatus.

The attachment AN07.jpg is no longer available
If I had started my assault several minutes earlier I would have beat it. It's all about the timing. Another pointer, each time you activate an objective, another Rebel brigade is summoned to attack that objective.
Attachments
AN07.jpg
AN07.jpg (332.41 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Irish Brigade
Reactions:

Post by Irish Brigade »

Finally almost beat the level. I keep getting around 4,980 some points. Well, I'll give it another go. I finally have some time to do Scourge of War. Its been a few days since I've been able to invest some time.
Thanks for your advice. I know I'll make it! I am in the last few minutes right now.
Irish Brigade
Reactions:

Post by Irish Brigade »

Yes! Just did it! Thanks!

"It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we would grow too fond of it"

-Robert E. Lee, December 1862