Demo

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
BRG
Reactions:

Demo

Post by BRG »

Greetings,
I am new to the game, though I have played Take Command. Before I purchase, I want to be clear on how the game engine plays. Is the demo updated with all the patches?

Thanks,

Bruce
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Demo

Post by Little Powell »

Yeah the demo is patched up. I don't know for certain if it's the latest version, but it's late enough to give you a great preview of what the game is about.
BRG
Reactions:

Post by BRG »

Thank you for the quick reply.

The reason I asked about the patch has to do with various issues I have found in the demo:
1. Units in road march will run without any need to.

2. When commanding infantry to move, and nowhere near a road, the units road movement icon will "light
up" and it moves erratically as if it is trying to find a road. Even after "babysitting" the unit,
and turning off the road movement, it continues to turn back on.

3. After positioning a battery in which all guns have multiple targets, certain arty guns will keep moving around without firing, as if to find a better position, until their fatigue level drops, at times quite severely.

Are these patch related issues or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Bruce G.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

The reason I asked about the patch has to do with various issues I have found in the demo: 1. Units in road march will run without any need to.
If the units are too-close to each other one of the units will run to give separation, and then walk as ordered.
2. When commanding infantry to move, and nowhere near a road, the units road movement icon will "light
up" and it moves erratically as if it is trying to find a road. Even after "babysitting" the unit,
and turning off the road movement, it continues to turn back on.
The road-icon will light-up if the unit in question has anything in its path such as another unit, a house or any other type of object in its path.

You can sometimes Take-Command of the unit and turn the road-icon off, but this doesn't always work.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!