RebelBugler's GB150 Scenarios.

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

RebelBugler's GB150 Scenarios.

Post by Jean Lafitte »

I just finished Day One with a Major Victory for CSA. This was my second try at the scenario. First try was a Victory.

Great scenario. Actually captured Cemetery Hill and Cemetery Ridge, but, when Day 2 starts, the scenario begins at the historical Day 2 positions.

I don't know whether it is worth it or not to continue to attack late into the scenario even after all of the Objectives are expired. I did so because I figured that I was causing more casualties than I was taking. Union 11th Corps wiped out. Union 1st Corps wiped out except for the Division that didn't make it to the battle.

I know that this engine has been tirelessly worked on and the results are wonderful. There are times when my Commanders are suicidal and walk right into enemy units, even when they are not on TC. The AI for the artillery sometimes seems to cause unnecessary and strange movements sometimes. I know that these issues are well known, and, I'm sure that these issues have already been worked on and improved, so, I'm thankful for all the hard work.

Thanks for the GB150 scenarios, RebBugler. I bought this game back before Norb's association with Matrix. I bought TC First and Second Manassas. However, the GB150 scenario is my first experience with your GB mods and scenarios.
Last edited by Jean Lafitte on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: RebelBugler's GB150 Scenarios.

Post by RebBugler »

Here's the write up for the second day in case you missed it:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/modifi ... =210#59212

Great job on that first day scenario, looking forward to hearing about your second day success story. :)
SPOILER: SHOW
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

The attachment screen0001.jpg is no longer available

Score Screen grab for Day 1.
Attachments
screen0001.jpg
screen0001.jpg (105.23 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Last edited by Jean Lafitte on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

I didn't read the spoilers before I tried the scenario on my own.

I got a Major Victory, but, I ended the scenario with End Battle once I scored the points. Is that cheating?
:laugh:

I will have to try your spoilers in the future.

I achieved an Inconclusive Fight result with the next scenario, which is a Cavalry battle East of Gettysburg.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I didn't read the spoilers before I tried the scenario on my own.

I got a Major Victory, but, I ended the scenario with End Battle once I scored the points. Is that cheating?
:laugh:

I will have to try your spoilers in the future.

I achieved an Inconclusive Fight result with the next scenario, which is a Cavalry battle East of Gettysburg.
Hey, if you didn't heed the Spoiler advice then more to ya, and Congratulations for conquering scenario two. You took a chance with the End Battle before time, glad that didn't mess with the carry over. I have never tested that scoring facet, now I know, thanks for the testing. :P

Now the big 'What If' begins: What if Jeb's division rolled over the Union cavalry contingent at East Cavalry Field and continued on to carry out it's vital part in Lee's victory plan at Cemetery Hill?
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

I suffered a Major Defeat in the battle for Culp's Hill on 3 July. This terminates my effort to triumphantly crush this fine series of scenarios. Now I am reduced to begging for spoilers, tips and guidance as I replay it again and again trying to win.

:P
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I suffered a Major Defeat in the battle for Culp's Hill on 3 July. This terminates my effort to triumphantly crush this fine series of scenarios. Now I am reduced to begging for spoilers, tips and guidance as I replay it again and again trying to win.

:P
Ha, we just overlapped posts. So, Jeb was successful, great, the plan goes on.

Now, the last key before the finale, maintain your position at Culp's hill.

No spoilers here, just protect the objective. Don't draw extra attention, let the Yanks attack on their own. Basic stuff for winning, use the defensive bonus objects, especially the breastworks, and seek out good flanking positions as you stop advancing units short of the objective perimeter.

Note: All you need is a draw, 3000 pts., to carryover. Still, all Major Victorys are best for Braggin' Rights, plus they denote solid wins casualty ratio wise.
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Just played Spangler's Springs again and barely got a Draw, yeah, it's kinda tough. Gotta get all of your troops over protecting the objective, plus, inflict a lot of casualties on the enemy, 500 more than received for a Major Victory.

Since these troops have been engaged and depleted over the course of the battle it's critical that you command enough to win this scenario. With my carryover efforts I begin with 5593 troops under Johnson. How many do you have?
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

4811 is the strength of Johnson's command at start. Considerably less than 5593.

Reb, why is the Victory Objective icon copper/bronze colored instead of silver? Is it worth fewer points?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

4811 is the strength of Johnson's command at start. Considerably less than 5593.

Reb, why is the Victory Objective icon copper/bronze colored instead of silver? Is it worth fewer points?
Yeah, that lower number may hurt your cause, but you should still be able to manage at least a Draw and move on. Hold the objective the duration and match casualty numbers, that should get you the 3000 points you need for a Draw.

The bronze tinted objectives represent Hold objectives, this distinguishes them from Waypoint objectives.