RebelBugler's GB150 Scenarios.

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Re: RebelBugler's GB150 Scenarios.

Post by Jean Lafitte »

Finally started Pickett's Charge on the Day 3 scenario. 50 minutes into the battle. The CSA has taken The Angle, but, this may be the High Water Mark. Maintaining the offensive momentum against superior enemy numbers will be difficult.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Great, thought "bogged down in Spangler's Springs" might of been your undoing. :unsure:

Now, capturing and holding the high ground, good luck Sir! :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

Pickett's Charge broke the center of the Federal line. The bulk of these charging Confederates wheeled Left and joined in a concentric attack on the Federal positions to the North. Lee ordered execution of a Neo-Cannae designed to "strike down and scatter those people positioned near that Arch".

This was accomplished while Longstreet maintained a defensive line facing East, but pushed back from Devil's Den and Little Round Top.

Alas, none of these efforts were able to avoid a catastrophic MAJOR DEFEAT.

:sick:

GREAT scenario fun, Reb. Thank you !
Last edited by Jean Lafitte on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Jean Lafitte

Again, thanks for this great blow by blow, day by day AAR, you're the first to get through this Gettysburg gauntlet. Which, should be named more aptly, Lee's Blind Plan, the historic 'what if' version.

Anyway, a technical question:
What version of B&F were you running, and what OS are you using?
I ask because I just got a report that B&F XV is crashing consistently for another member and I need some of your setup specifics for comparison. I'm assuming your gameplay was stable, since you reported no issues.

Thanks
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

I feel terrible about not answering you here, Reb Bugler. I don't know what brought me away from the forum two years ago.

Anyway, I must have been running the latest version of B&F because that was my first effort, so, I downloaded and used the latest version.

Also, Windows 7 is what I was running then and now.