SDK

A new scenario/battle editor is in development and should be following hot on the heels of Waterloo - any questions can go here.
Capt Saucier
Reactions:

SDK

Post by Capt Saucier »

I would like to create alternate orders of battle for sandbox and sandbox campaigns. I downloaded the SDK which I understand has information that will enable me to do this. I clicked on the downloaded file labeled SDK and a screen was displayed like the screen to install the game itself. It asked if I wanted to make changes to SOW Waterloo. I clicked yes. The next screen said the change was successful. Then I exited that screen. Where exactly do I find the SDK manual? I started the game, thinking it would be in the mod file but I do not see it. I can go to downloads and see the file I downloaded, but when I click on this, it just asks me if I want to modify SOW Waterloo again.

Can anyone guide me? Not very proficient in Windows file manipulation.

Thanks!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: SDK

Post by RebBugler »

The SDK folder downloads to wherever you've designated to, in Win7 it's the Downloads folder by default. Then you can move it to anywhere handy. The manual is in the SDK folder. I don't know about the request "to make changes to SOW Waterloo".

Once you do get the SDK OOB's, make copies and fix them up your way then put them in mod form (Name of Mod/OOBs/Your modified OOB csv files with the original names) into the Mods folder, activate in Modifications, and you're set.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Capt Saucier
Reactions:

Post by Capt Saucier »

Thanks Reb:

I found all of the files. Now I just have to read the manual!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Shout if you have questions Saucier, plenty of people here willing to help out.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Capt Saucier
Reactions:

Post by Capt Saucier »

Thanks Saddletank. Is there a central location where new scenarios are posted and available for download?
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I don't know of one. This forum is probably the best place.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.