Scenario editor for Multiplayer?

A new scenario/battle editor is in development and should be following hot on the heels of Waterloo - any questions can go here.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Re: Scenario editor for Multiplayer?

Post by NY Cavalry »

C'mon guys throw me a bone here. How do I add maps?
Los
Reactions:

Post by Los »

NY check out Section 2.2 of the SDK manual. When you create a new scenario it shows a list of available map from the The middle panel shows the listing of available maps as shown by their mapname.ini file names. (Not sure where that file is at So if you have a mod active say from KS, the map_name.ini will be in the Mod\map directory

Also in the scenarioeditor.ini under your documents/SOWWL is where you can identify what mods are active.
Specifically in your scenarios's ini is a section called Map where the actual map name goes.

Hope some of these clues help.

Los
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Sorry i would have given the same info for loading maps but i wasnt sure what 'unofficial' info you meant
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

I have the maps down. Using the KS mod I have all of their maps available. I encourage everyone to have a look and use this mod. A lot of good work has been put into it. Plus you get a lot of maps.

I need help with OObs loading into the scenario creator. I am using a 1809 oob with austrians. How do I get new sprites to load and this oob to therefore load. As it is now I can only load the stock OOBs.
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

It may be that you need to have the mod active in the game to get access.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

The KS OOBs do not work. The maps do. Not much time on my part to look into it on my part.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Have you tried sending MTG an e-mail or PM? He's written a scenario generator the KS group uses for building all its MP scenarios. He shouldn't have an issue giving you a link to it. Quite frankly I think its better than the NSD one anyway. You can use it to build 2 com[letely balanced armies, two aysymmetrical ones or leave the entire calculation to chance.

It also randomises divisions so that historical commanders DO NOT lead their historical units. This is deliberate so that in MP you won't know what you get and if you get Maitland, for example, he won't necessarily be commanding his guards brigade.

This fictional aspect is not for everyone of course, but for one-off MP games its never an issue for our group.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

MTG has a great editor. Norbs editor and MTGs are both very good and both do different things. For the KS games MTGs editor works, but not with what I am doing. The norbsoft editor does what I need it to do except that I need to learn how to add oobs with different sprites.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

What are you needing to do because once you create an OOB with MTG's editor you can edit it around to make the exact (historical?) scenario you want. I'd be happy to help with OOB editing if you need any.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

Well Digby,

I may take you up on that. I am trying to convert the KS 1809 OOB into Waterloo and then edit it to add more of the corps to replicate the campaign position. Then the oob will need to work with the scenario generator from the SDK.

I am ready to learn it on my own, but I need starting help and even then my time has gotten very busy as of late.
Last edited by NY Cavalry on Wed May 25, 2016 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.