Leffe7 Scenario Generator Questions

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
the reb
Reactions:

Leffe7 Scenario Generator Questions

Post by the reb »

After the scenario is said to be created, how do I launch the game? I did a single player and all appeared to go well, but I'm missing something here and the Manual didn't say much here...

thanks,
the reb
the reb
Reactions:

Re: Leffe7 Scenario Generator Questions

Post by the reb »

I'm not seeing SCENARIO GENERATOR within User Scenarios?

From Manual...

How to start a generated Scenario in Singleplayer
Singleplayer – User Scenarios – Select „^^ SCENARIO GENERATOR ^^“ at the bottom of the list. Choose your own commander from the list of all availables.

thanks,
the reb
Leffe7
Reactions:

Post by Leffe7 »

Hi Reb

can you check if it is installed in the correct directory? (Work\Scenarios)
Do you have any other custom scenarios that are working correctly? Such a folder should look similar to the scenario generator.

Regards
Leffe7
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Thanks Leffe7,

Knock on wood, but everything I ever downloaded custom works fine. By custom, I assume that would be a scenario which would come from a Mod and not stock out of the box.

Backing up, I assume the generator is making a folder of files? What I have done was simply renamed and saved the Scenario Generator File which remains a Worksheet File. I don't see a Folder named what I have given it, I don't see the typical Excel Comma Separated Value File as I see in other scenarios.

I'm running Excel 2003.I also noticed that while creating Scenario Files, at the bottom of screen it briefly creates and flashes Book 1, Book 2 and Book 3
Last edited by the reb on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: more information
Leffe7
Reactions:

Post by Leffe7 »

Hmm, perhaps there is still something installed wrong...

Your scenarios go below Work\Scenarios
So you should have a folder ...\Work\Scenarios\^^ SCENARIO GENERATOR ^^
this folder includes files like

battlescript.csv
intro.txt
scenario.csv
ScenarioGenerator_v3.0.xls

apart from the additional .doc and .xls file you should see exactly the same files as in other custom scenarios.

You don't have to rename any of those files!
What you can do is to make a copy of the whole folder and rename it (to save a scenario you created for example).

Regards
Leffe7
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Great progress....I just copied the Complete Scenario Generator into User Scenarios and looks like everything will work. Map and army appeared (although Union) on map at locations selected....cool....I'm going like this if I get the hang of it. Wish there could be be more Corps, but I am grateful for what I have to work with. Next step is to use structured OOB's in lieu of the Random Select....

Thanks, more questions coming for sure...
the reb
Los
Reactions:

Post by Los »

Howdy Leffe,
I am currently running a 13 player pbem civil war campaign and using SOW as the engine that resolves the battles and tracks the OBs. Your scenario generator makes doing this very easy. I wanted to say thank you very much for your fine work!

Los
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Hi Leffe,

I believe I have this figured out.....custom OOB's and objectives, etc...it's pretty neat....thanks....

I do need to ask you if there is anyway to add more Corps to each side? But as said before, I'm grateful
for what you have gave us....

thanks,
the reb
Leffe7
Reactions:

Post by Leffe7 »

No sorry, it is built to have up to 3 different Corps per side.
Kind Regards
Leffe7
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

ok, thanks...great work.