Bounding Camera

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Hunt82
Reactions:

Bounding Camera

Post by Hunt82 »

Hi, I want to bound the camera to right-click and the destination marker to wheel-click. How can I do it?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Bounding Camera

Post by RebBugler »

Try right click hold and drag on the toolbar for camera rotation. I suggest avoiding the wheel click entirely, it's cumbersome, unreliable and it's repeated use rapidly destroys the mouse wheel function.

Holding down the Ctr button also serves this purpose.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Hunt82
Reactions:

Post by Hunt82 »

I know about ctrl, I dream it was like in Gettysburg, looking over a battlefield with RMB. Now I often make mistakes with it...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yeah, it's easy to right click on the map by mistake when you're using the right click on toolbar to pan the camera method. There's an easy fix:
When you right click on the map by mistake you'll know immediately of the error because the camera won't pan. So, keep holding down the right click and drag the cursor to the toolbar.
The mistake is aborted.
:)
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Hunt82
Reactions:

Post by Hunt82 »

Thanks! I became using one more method: when I'm mistaken I press Esc, release right button and press Esc again. May be it make sence to have an additional cancel button...Or may be it to have it vice versa when we pressing ctrl we can point a destination marker and when we not pressing it it works as in Gettysburg...