Runtime Error

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Jsthuntn
Reactions:

Runtime Error

Post by Jsthuntn »

AM looking for help and or direction to fix a runtime error. When a scenario's time runs out the game stops before going to the statistics screen. A window pops up with the following: "Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library, Runtime Error!, Program:C:\NorbsoftDev\Scourge of War-gettysburg\sowgb.exe, This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way., Please contact the applications support team for more information." I'm running windows 7. I have Gettysburg, Antietam, Brandy Station, Chancellorsville, and am currently downloading Waterloo. I have downloaded all the latest updates. I hope the fix is simple enough because my computer skills are not that sharp. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Runtime Error

Post by RebBugler »

After a crash please post your SOWGB.log file located in the Work folder.
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Jsthuntn
Reactions:

Post by Jsthuntn »

RebBugler Here's the latest...
The attachment SOWGB.log is no longer available

hopefully this is the right file...
Attachments

[The extension log has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Right log file, thanks.

Has this always happened, or just recently? If just recently, what software changes were happening then, new mod added, etc.?

The OOB error in the log leads me to believe there's a mod issue. Disable the mods then enable one at a time to check whether it's a mod issue. You don't have to play a game all the way through with each replay and test, just End Game so the end game screen shows, that's probably causing the crash.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...