A question on detached units.

Questions on the new sandbox campaign for Waterloo can go here.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

A question on detached units.

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

So I've been enjoying the campaign so far, but I have a question on detached units. I've detached several units, for example a cavalry brigade and a infantry division and I send them off to a town to watch a flank. When the French give battle, I can only command either the cavalry brigade or infantry division. Now this gets frustrating when I have three or four units all sitting in a town and yet I can only command one of them, is there something specific I need to do to command all these units when the French give battle to them?
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: A question on detached units.

Post by Saddletank »

Nothing you can do. The sandbox campaign is EXTREMELY basic with a lot of broken logic. I suspect it would take a fair bit of work for NSD to fix it and so far after a year no input on when that might be.

The campaign was a nice idea and it was something players had been asking for but this implementation of it is just too useless to be of value. NSD need to really spend a year or so on just designing a good campaign format; something that will please the history buffs (aka almost all of us) rather than the more casual player who has no clue how Napoleonic warfare functioned at the level above battlefield tactics.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re: A question on detached units.

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

Nothing you can do. The sandbox campaign is EXTREMELY basic with a lot of broken logic. I suspect it would take a fair bit of work for NSD to fix it and so far after a year no input on when that might be.

The campaign was a nice idea and it was something players had been asking for but this implementation of it is just too useless to be of value. NSD need to really spend a year or so on just designing a good campaign format; something that will please the history buffs (aka almost all of us) rather than the more casual player who has no clue how Napoleonic warfare functioned at the level above battlefield tactics.
Ah I see, well I hope they do some work on it. And you never know, maybe this was just a sort of beta test of the next game, if there is a next game. A new Civil War game with a campaign would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House