Error in MP

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
remus
Reactions:

Error in MP

Post by remus »

Hi all

Can some one explain the following error when trying to connect to a multiplayer game

Unit global sprite requested not found - GWashington, index:0 state:1

Remus
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Error in MP

Post by Saddletank »

Are all players running the same mods?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Saddletank

No there was no one else. I was trying out solo to see if the unitglobal problem had gone, which it seems it has and this is what was displayed in turn.

remus
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Ah, I see.

I am not 100% but it may be that your OOB is calling for a sprite named "GWashington" and that sprite is not listed in your UnitGlobal file.
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Saddletank

Gwashington is listed as a General sprite and works fine in Sandbox.Im not familar with the terms: index 0 and state 1. I have actually come across it before but haven't yet worked out what it is and why it appears in a multiplayer situation. Thanks for you input, hopefully someone will have experienced it before.

Remus
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Is the spelling of GWashington exactly the same in the OOB and UnitGlobal? One of them may have a space after it. That would be enough to cause the problem.
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Saddletank

GWashington is only found in the name column and I think the error is referring to his class type which is as the commander of the American army. I checked out any references across the unitglobal csv but there didn't seem to be anything that I could pin down as the cause.

remus
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Hm. I'd have to look at your files to help further. Happy to do so if you can post them up somewhere and give me a link.
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Saddletank

Do you mean the log file? Or exactly which ones. Did you download the American War of Independence mod because that is the mod that I am trying to get to work on MP in preparation for the Seven Years War which I will be finishing soon? If you did then everything is in there.The log file itself just loads the preliminary files then stops at the:
Unit global sprite requested not found - GWashington, index:0 state:1. This is what makes it hard to figure out the problem

Thanks for your input
remus
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

It was the mod files - the OOB and the UnitGlobal. I have it downloaded. Was the OOB "OOB_SB_NAP_Brandywine_amended"?