Chattanooga Campaign Map Release

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
MarkT
Reactions:

Chattanooga Campaign Map Release

Post by MarkT »

Attached is temporary link to the Mod "Chattanooga Campaign", Three 10 mile maps set around Chattanooga.

Updated Download Link - 9/16/16

This mod is only up long enough for Norbsoft to grab it and host it.

This contains:
A slightly reworked Chickamauga map and OOB for September 1863.
An August Chattanooga Map (sans Lookout Mountain) and OOB depicting the rebel defenses of the river.
A November Chattanooga Map (sans Lookout Mountain) and OOB depicting the Field works for both armies.

In the Works:
1. A complete mod of the Battle of Little Bighorn 1 to 1 scale. This mod with the complete co-design help of Martin James will contain: 95% Done :cheer:
A. A 10 mile map.
B. Many new Sprites by POM
C. Teepees and Terrain features by Crikey
D. Randomized Indian Encampments (Random map Teepee locations)
E. Random Scenario Creation with Multiple OOB options (Gatling Guns, etc.)

2. A complete Mod of the Battle of the Rosebud. A 1 to 1 scale of the Indian fight one week before the Custer fight, set on a 5 mile map. 40% done. (This mod is Martins with my map.)

3. Honey Springs Mod (my Map) - A Martin James special mod about the Western civil War battle of the Civil War with Indians on both the rebel and Federal side. 30% Done.

4. Map Of Eylau - Napoleonic battle fought in Poland in a Blizzard, with near white-out conditions... A real challenge. 20% done.

Before I heavily start making Napoleonic Maps, I wish to make possibly two or three more Civil War Maps.
A. Seven Days Battle - A 10 mile map covering the last of the Peninsula Campaign. from Fair oaks to Malvern Hill.
B. A 10 mile map of Gettysburg, including the East cavalry field.
C. Possibly a 10 mile Map of Antietam.

Had to revert back to Widows 7 so I can test these. I assume Waterloo is only stable in Windows 7, so I will jump to Napoleonic Maps as long as sprites are available for them.
I am particularly interested in the Austrian, Prussians, Russians, not so much the fight in Spain.
I am open to put a Napoleonic Map on the list if someone has any contour maps on any battle field areas, I would love to get my hands on them. or links to them. :cheer:
Last edited by Little Powell on Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark S. Tewes
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Chattanooga Campaign Map Release

Post by Saddletank »

Sounds fantastic.

One of the big gaps in available Napoleonic sprites are the early battles. Austerlitz would give us early Austrians and Russians which were very distinctly different uniforms from 1809 or later, and with a few additional sprites and some early French republican flags would give us the uniforms for the 1796 to 1800 campaigns in N Italy.

We also lack accurate Prussian 1806 uniforms, so two battles that would help flesh out the sprite range a lot are Austerlitz and Jena-Auerstadt. The bonus is that with additional flags the 1806 Prussians look a lot like Piedmontese for 1796.

You would need a map-maker, sprite maker and OOB compiler team for such mods.

I would support such an effort where I can, mainly uniform, flag and OOB research.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Thanks Mark....Been waiting on this one. As soon as I finish up the scenarios that I'm working on I will jump right into this one. With golf, you have been busy. Just love your work.....

the reb
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

Saddletank - Reb, Nice to hear from ya.
Saddletank - When I start a map, I will be looking for correct OOB info. :laugh: Kevin, I presume will supply an OOB for Eylau. I can create my own, but It takes time away from the many projects.
I also still await some questions from you on maps.

I waste sooooo much time correcting "accurate" OOBs. I like total OOBs not partial "balanced"...

Reb,
We are still waiting for your arrival on the field.

Mark
Mark S. Tewes
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

Also Reb, you can directly ask me for any info on making a Scenario.
I will NOT make them anymore (I've made tens of thousands of scenarios) just don't need to do it.
BUT, I can help you out.

Mark
Last edited by MarkT on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark S. Tewes
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Thanks, MarkT - Downloading Now!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Zeke
Reactions:

Post by Zeke »

excellent map many thanks for this Mark T B)
I only know two tunes...One's "Yankee Doodle" and the other one isn't!

Ulysses S. Grant
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Beautiful map Mark.....I'll be on the Battlefield in November, I'll touch base with you. Also, any help in scenario making is appreciated.

thanks,
the reb
MarkT
Reactions:

Post by MarkT »

direct e-mail please...
Mark S. Tewes
SJDI
Reactions:

Post by SJDI »