Game Broken Have reinstalled multiple times!

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
scalexer
Reactions:

Game Broken Have reinstalled multiple times!

Post by scalexer »

My Gettysburg 150th anniversary edition broke. I've reinstalled the game multiple times.
The game won't start and I've looked through the files and some files changed to soWA.ts1, soWA.ts2, soWA.ts3, and SOWB.SOW. I think the last one (SOWB.SOW) was already there but the file type changed to a different kind of file.
I'm running it on a windows 10 computer in windows 7 compatibility mode. I own a physical copy of the game.

If there's not fix to this is there a way for me to download the game of the website without having to buy it again?

Please help I love this game.
Last edited by scalexer on Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Game Broken Have reinstalled multiple times!

Post by RebBugler »

Register with Matrix games and download the latest patched game from there. Make sure there are no previous copies of SOWGB on your computer before you re-install.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Game Broken Have reinstalled multiple times!

Post by RebBugler »

Redundant posts aren't necessary.

McAfee anti virus is the only app I know of that blocks the game from loading, please check if you're running that.

Some history please...
Were you running it with your present rig and OS when it crashed?
Did you change anything on your computer before the crash?
Have you been able to check the log file.../Work/sowgb.log? If so please post here after an attempted start up.

I've never see file name changes as such, but it sounds like a virus.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...