Chickamauga

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Chickamauga

Post by RebBugler »

Hey RebBugler....Thanks again for your hard work....Was playing your 3 Days and something weird happened and need to know if you scripted it this way....Longstreet, Hood, and Robertson Division assisted in the taking of Dyers Bridge....As night fall begins they then appeared (like transported) over to the Log School map location? I lost control of these troops but the troops did show losses?

Thanks,
the reb
That was a tough decision, but I felt compelled to move Hood's troops south and away from the AM action because historically they were not part of it. I really allowed for more troops to be available for day one, Robertson's brigade and some of Walker's units, so call it a trade off. Regardless, I know giving then taking away troops is a letdown, but I promise it only happens this once in this scenario.
Thanks for the report! :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Works for me...I also enjoyed your new Gettysburg Scenario....thanks again.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update 3.7 Union Full Battle Scenario added...

Chickamauga 3Days (U-Army)

This completes the 144th Anniversary upgrade. As with the CSA full battle version this is a melding of the respective carryover scenarios. Veteran SOW generals should have a fairly easy path to victory with this scenario as the historical Rebel attack sequences were only answers to Union probes up until the third day. These reactions by Bragg on the second day proved costly as he threw brigade after brigade into battle against superior numbers. If it were not for the third day disaster of orders that opened up the Federal line this battle could have quite possibly gone the other way. So, Yankee generals, show your skills and make it so...

Set the bar just to show it's beatable. Changed the scoring after this last test-play to a 75000 Major Victory bar. The melded MV bar of 77000 tested as a little excessive since this play resulted in a 7000 plus casualty comparison.
CHI3DaysUSA.jpg
CHI3DaysUSA.jpg (341.75 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slick Wilhelm
Reactions:

Post by Slick Wilhelm »

Outstanding! Thank you so much for this, Reb. I just toured the Battlefield of Chickamauga last week, and finished reading "This Terrible Sound" by Peter Cozzens. I'm so stoked to download and play this mod!

As an aside, I don't know why the US Park Service, or whomever takes care of the Chickamauga battlefield, decided not to post signs indicating which field is which. Shiloh has every field labeled with a discreet sign, which made it very easy to follow the flow of the battle. My friend and I had a difficult time figuring out where we were at Chickamauga, until we got to the Snodgrass Hill and Horseshoe Ridge.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Fixed attachments and links that were broken with the most recent major website change. The Chickamauga download remains unchanged.
SeriouslyAStoneWall
Reactions:

Post by SeriouslyAStoneWall »

Is there something I am doing wrong? This zip file on the first post for "Chickamauga" won't initiate any download of the map. Very eager to download!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

So, you clicked on the name 'Chickamauga' after this message:
Unzip and copy to the Mods folder (Unzips with 7zip, free download...)
Update 3.7 DETAILS
...and the download didn't begin? Please confirm, that's been a reliable link for years.

Thanks for your interest...
Biondo
Reactions:

Post by Biondo »

Hi Reb, if it helps I tried to start the download but nothing happens
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Hey Reb
How's it going ?
Hope all is well !

I tested this link and was unable to download the Chickamauga file on Page 1 either.
I get the following pop up when I click on 'Chickamauga':

Chickamauga.7z can't be downloaded securely

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Thanks for checking this out John and Flavio. Guess the NSD server that I used to use for downloads is down for the count. I'll move this download to DropBox soon, but first I need to make some long overdue edits.