Missing Cursor - New steam version

Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Amadeus Ray
Reactions:

Missing Cursor - New steam version

Post by Amadeus Ray »

I've been trying to get this game to work properly like this guy's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmDBY-FDZN0

I'm running on Windows 10 on a razer blade 2016 laptop. I set the game to run on my dedicated GPU. I've set the game to run like it's under windows XP sp2 and Windows 7. Resolution is a little wonky even working with the INI file but my biggest gripe is NO cursor. I just can't play it without one.

I'd love to play this game, I enjoy scourge of war : waterloo and this looks great too. Please help me out, I don't want to have to return the game for technical issues. It looks great when I'm running it, I just need the cursor quite frankly...

Thanks

edit: I've also used the fullscreen =1 and =0 options as well for the ini file.
Last edited by Amadeus Ray on Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re: Missing Cursor - New steam version

Post by Little Powell »

Yeah we had one player experience the same thing. Go to the TC2M exe, right click, and check the option to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". That should fix it.
Amadeus Ray
Reactions:

Post by Amadeus Ray »

Yep I figured that out about 30 minutes ago. Stupid windows keeps turning it on.

Another issue... The mouse works when I set it to fullscreen = 0 with the fix you mentioned, but now the resolution is completely off. Cuts off the top bottom and right side.

In the video I posted, what version is that guy playing because it's stretched perfectly and has a paradox logo on the right.
Amadeus Ray
Reactions:

Post by Amadeus Ray »

Ok. I just figured out it's my display scaling... Will there be updates to this game where I don't have to keep changing settings just to play it? It's quite frustrating even for a "prosumer".

edit: I can only do between 150% or 170% for display scaling so it either cuts off my screen where I can't see parts of the game or I see chunks of my desktop... Yikes.
Last edited by Amadeus Ray on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

The video above is not the Steam version, its the old stand-alone version, hence the Paradox logo. The guy says the game is "coming out on steam very shortly".
Last edited by Saddletank on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Amadeus Ray
Reactions:

Post by Amadeus Ray »

I've managed to make a custom resolution but everything is cut off from the top, including the compass. Ridiculous.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I've managed to make a custom resolution but everything is cut off from the top, including the compass. Ridiculous.
If the Steam Version allows, download the SDK from the previous Site and add the Data Files to your game.

The Compass settings are adjusted by changing the first two values in the Toolbar .csv file. Scroll down to the last line of the toolbar.csv file. it is probably better to change one value at a time.

all,Compass,105,62,,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,,,,,,,,,,,,

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Amadeus Ray
Reactions:

Post by Amadeus Ray »

What is the previous site you are mentioning?

Also I think it's cutting off some information on the top left too. How can I speak to the devs?

Thanks for responding
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

What is the previous site you are mentioning?
The Previous Site is www dot Madminutegames dot com
We type it that way to reduce the Spam.
Look on the Left-Hand-Side of the first page for - TC2M SDK\Modding

That Site also has a ton of information about the game and modding the game.
Also I think it's cutting off some information on the top left too. How can I speak to the devs?
One of them will respond shortly!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Amadeus Ray
Reactions:

Post by Amadeus Ray »

The SDK solution worked.

My costume resolution is...
[Initialization]
Full Screen=0
WinW=1680
WinH=1050

and in another forum I found some compass coordinates...
all,Compass,105,55,,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,,

And it worked, it also did the information on the left side.

Now for the longevity and to respect future people who buy this, I hope they sort these things out
Last edited by Amadeus Ray on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.