CTD - Windows 10 Redux

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Interlocutor
Reactions:

CTD - Windows 10 Redux

Post by Interlocutor »

A couple of months ago, RDBoles posted a similar thread. I'm one of a group of PC gamers who recently got SOWGB. We are starting to play the game MP together, but one of us (not myself) has Win10 and keep CTDing out of our MP games. He also gets CTDs when playing SP on his own.

He has been unable to register for the forum, so I am asking about this issue on his behalf. I believe that the only mods he currently has installed are "Small Couriers and Maps", which he has positioned at the bottom of his mods list, and "Realistic Smoke", positioned just above it.

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
"My headquarters are where my hindquarters should be!"
RDBoles
Reactions:

Re: CTD - Windows 10 Redux

Post by RDBoles »

I feel your pain my friend. That is about as much help as I currently can give. When I play Stock games and scenarios It works fine. I play only single player right now, too many kids who want my attention. When I add mods it starts to go down hill. I do the compatibility modes it is still 50/50. I hear Windows next build will help the gaming community, but I don't think it will help with older games. Good luck.
Move Forward
Interlocutor
Reactions:

Post by Interlocutor »

RDBoles, thanks for the response. Our little SOWGB MP group (there are four of us now) are going to try again either today or tomorrow.

Our colleague who has been having the CTD problem says he made some fixes suggested in several threads in this forum, and was able to play an SP game yesterday for many hours without a CTD. If he is able to play in our next MP game without problems, I'll post here to let you know what fixes seemed to work for him.

Thanks again, and keep your fingers crossed for us {smile}...
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

Hey sounds good, I will look for your post. Hope you have a great game.
Move Forward
Interlocutor
Reactions:

Post by Interlocutor »

RDBoles, thought I'd let you know how it turned out.

The problem proved to be with my friend's video card. He got a new PC last summer, with 2GB video card, but only 110KB was "dedicated".

Once we figured this out, a day or so ago he dug out his old PC, which as it turns out is more than adequate to run SoWGB in MP mode.

Thanks for your interest and your help, and sorry our solution will not likely work for you...