Cavalry Question

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Cavalry Question

Post by DarkRob »

I'm actually surprised to hear that. Because you can't do any of the things I described with the bugles and flags toolbar. With the bugles and flags toolbar units under TC won't respond to any orders from the brigade commander, including charge, retreat etc etc.
No surprise or mystery, B&F uses the classic TC functioning I've described above, the Grog Toolbar uses the TC functioning you (DarkRob) describe. The name of the command, tcommon, hasn't changed, its functionality has.

Thanks for pointing this out, another reason for steering clear of gameplay questions since I don't have a firm grasp on how things work anymore.
No problem Reb. I've poured two years of my life into breaking down this games mechanics. As a result of this I've discovered alot of abusable things. From how overpowered skirmishers are, to how to manipulate engage distances, to finding huge loopholes in how to win scenarios, to creating battle formations the AI is incapable of cracking. Obviously I found all this stuff after the game came out. I'm good at what I do. Watch my video series on YouTube and you'll see, my work speaks for itself. Make me a play tester and I will find all this kind of stuff in the next SOW so it can be eliminated before it's released.