Can't open SOW Gettysburg

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
Chriss613
Reactions:

Can't open SOW Gettysburg

Post by Chriss613 »

Hello All,

I'm a late player to this game having just purchased it this past may. I got it in CD, and initially had no problems playing it. Back in July/August I had the same issue may people on here had with MacAfee not allowing the game to open. Having removed MacAfee the issue was promptly fixed. But now I am having the exact same issue. The game worked fine as of December 13th. Properties still show that the game is being ran under Windows 7 since the normal mode for this computer is Windows 10. I have attempted to uninstall/reinstall with no luck. When I click on the game icon the message that has always first popped up "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?" Hit yes and the opening screen for the game appears. I can access all the other options such as "Game Manual" "Support" "Forums" etc. But it will not do anything if I try to access "Play". I know the usual idea would be to disable MacAfee but as stated, MacAfee was uninstalled several months ago and now I just have Norton (which has always allowed the game to play and even now show no issues with the game). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Jim
Reactions:

Re: Can't open SOW Gettysburg

Post by Jim »

If you go to the game directory for example, C:\Matrix Games\Scourge of War Getteysburg and double click on SOWGB.exe does the game run that way?

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Chriss613
Reactions:

Re: Can't open SOW Gettysburg

Post by Chriss613 »

Actually I just tried re-uploading the game this evening and got a virus alert from Norton "sowgb.exe contained threat Heur.AvbMLB". Which is interesting since it I'm loading from a CD and have not had this problem before.