GCM website domain

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
exp101
Reactions:

Re: GCM website domain

Post by exp101 »

GCM Website is BACK! Hard drive space was very low.

THANKS, Garnier!!
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

Turned on the GCM Dev machine yesterday for Garnier to take a stab at fixing the website (he has WiFi access over the next few days). Things didn't go well on the first pass and he sent me this message late last night:

"welp... I messed it up, not sure what happened but it looks like the database broke. All I did was restart the server. :/

I don't know if I'll be able to fix this as I have no idea what's wrong and I don't want to spend a lot of time on it."

Stay tuned over the next several days to see what happens!

Ron/Palmer
Jonah
Reactions:

Post by Jonah »

this would be a shame maybe Kevin would be willing to have a look at it with some input from Garnier i really dont know what else to suggest.
johnd5555
Reactions:

Post by johnd5555 »

It's hard to believe that Garnier never saved a virgin copy of his creation, prior to launch. this would put him in the position of simply wiping server clean and relaunching GCM with blank slate, allowing the community to create from scratch and going forward.
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

I've discussed this with him in the past, and apparently it's much more involved than simply starting over with a clean slate. And, if you recall, he made many, many alterations & revisions along the way.

He's incredibly talented and smart, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he isn't able to tinker with it and get things up and running again. No idea on timeline, however: He's got other priorities which take him away from things like internet connections and resources. We need to be patient and see how things sort out.
johnd5555
Reactions:

Post by johnd5555 »

Well this is where I will come to hopefully, some day see that there will indeed be GCM battles once again... It was an absolutely a great run of a wonderful creation by Garnier, that gave many many hours of enjoyment to many.
Mark
Reactions:

Post by Mark »

If this is the end, I want to raise a toast to Garnier, to his creation, and to the community his creation spawned. May we stay together and meet often! Gettysburg was jolly good fun last year and hopefully we can meet and visit more fields of glory. No matter where the road leads me if any of you ever need anything or I can help you in any way contact me!!!

Please say in touch fellow generals of the GCM :)
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

Here, here!
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

Something else to help us keep in touch: If I don't have your email address, PM it to me at this site and I'll add it to an address list of GCM members. That way, if/when something changes with GCM/plans for rendezvous, et. cet., the word can be passed quickly.
Last edited by exp101 on Fri May 25, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
NY Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by NY Cavalry »

I may try to make a battle every Sunday that we can all get together and play. I can make scenarios that are compatible with GCM mods. I made that Battle/ Campaign last year that was ready to go, but I couldn't get very much enthusiasm so it went no where.

I just have been very busy of late and possibly into the future as well.

RC Harmon