Error in the standard Ligny French Army scenario

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
mcaryf
Reactions:

Error in the standard Ligny French Army scenario

Post by mcaryf »

I have encountered a strange error in the standard Ligny French Army scenario which I first noticed because it has somehow carried forward into my own variant although I cannot see why.

The error is in Vandamme's Corps artillery. The unit names seem to apply to Horse Artillery rather than Field artillery and in Vallee's case his artillery descriptions say the guns are 6lb but in the weapons dialogue they are correctly (as per the OOB) described as 12lb. I have looked at the OOB and as far as I can see the descriptions etc are correct so the game appears to be picking up data from the wrong part of the file. This happens when I run the standard scenario as well as the User scenario version so it cannot be any of my own mods.

I am not actually sure historically whether Vallee (or possibly spelled Vollee) had 12Lb guns - some sources say 6lb but the game should pick up whatever the OOB says and it seems it at the moment it is picking conflicting details.

Regards

Mike
Last edited by mcaryf on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Error in the standard Ligny French Army scenario

Post by Saddletank »

This might happen if the gun name data in the xml file taken from column C of the OOB.csv is different to the weapon class assigned by the artillery.csv file and found in column M of OOB.csv.

A corrected OOB and xml file would be needed in this case.

Pretty sure no horse batteries in 1815 had 12pdr guns.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Jace11
Reactions:

Post by Jace11 »

It's just a name error, the units look correct to me but the descriptions in OOB names are "a cheval" etc for both the reserve artillery companies in Vandamme's corps, plus the first company has the wrong calibers in the descriptions also. I think the OOBs are fine they all list them as FA.
mcaryf
Reactions:

Post by mcaryf »

I think the unit actually works as the OOB intended as a 12lb cannon but I cannot tell how it is getting hold of the wrong name as the OOB names are correct.

Regards

Mike
Jace11
Reactions:

Post by Jace11 »

Base/Layout/Media/Language/OOBNames.xml

...is what you are looking for, it defines all the names displayed in game based on their ID's in the OOB files. All the names for all the units from all OOBs including DLC's are here (1 exception is Ney in the QB DLC I think, this is elsewhere in the QB DLC folder).
Last edited by Jace11 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcaryf
Reactions:

Post by mcaryf »

Hi Jace11

Thank you for that I tried searching the OOB for the incorrect Horse Artillery name but now I understand why it was not there because there is another layer between the OOB data and what appears on the screen. I am not familiar with .xml files so as it actually works I will leave it at that!

Regards

Mike