Flanking Issue

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Calvin809
Reactions:

Flanking Issue

Post by Calvin809 »

Hello,

I haven't been on here since 2015 but I just bought SOW:WL and I am enjoying it but I have an issue. I'm trying to play WL05 and want to hit the right flank of the British but there seems to be issues with targeting. I got my line as close as possible without triggering melee. Note the target list at the top left. No targets with two units that close. Is this because targeting is using the center of the line and not just any sprite of the British line? I remember from SOW Gettysburg that you needed the center of your line on the defensive terrain area to get the bonus.
Attachments
20170130154032_1.jpg
20170130154032_1.jpg (549.68 KiB) Viewed 178 times
Last edited by Calvin809 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Flanking Issue

Post by Davinci »

I don't have the Waterloo Game, but I'll take a guess at this looking at the picture that you provided.

If you were to "oblique" to the left that would place the regiment at a higher point on the terrain, which should increase their viewing distance.

The two Redcoat Regiments ( appear ) to be at a lower terrain level ( a depression ) which might prevent the Flags from viewing each other.

To put that another way, I think that the Flags on the British units are out of sight of the Regiment that you are controlling, which prevents your unit from seeing them.

Just My Guess!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Calvin809
Reactions:

Re: Flanking Issue

Post by Calvin809 »

Yes the flags for the Brits are way down in the woods of La Haye Sainte. These British battalions are very wide in line formation.