Quatre Bras DLC

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Quatre Bras DLC

Post by Awld Hooky »

So I've been playing the game incessantly and loving it but I have a question regarding the Quatre Bras battles ? Why is their no highest score page like the Waterloo battles ? I've just completed QB05 with the promotion score reached and it took me days to achieve the score in QB04, but I have no clue where i'm up to and whether I acieved the score in 1,2,+3 ? Also what actually happens with the promotion level ? My friend on Steam says it basically ramps up the games to another level of difficulty and that their used to be a badge of some sort for achieving the Gettysburg battles on the highest difficulty :ohmy: I don't think I'll ever achieve that lofty position, some of the battles in Waterloo have been tough enough on the set difficulty's. But if anyone can enlighten me I'd be most grateful ;)
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Quatre Bras DLC

Post by RebBugler »

Very nice message, glad you're enjoying the game. You'll find the DLC high scores listed in the User Scenarios section, however, no promotion badges are available with the WL series at this time. I can however, offer a hearty congratulations for completing the QB scenario series. We made sure that even the best veteran players would find it challenging.

Have you also beat the Grognard Variant with QB05?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Post by Awld Hooky »

Thank you Reb for your reply and guidance of where the victory scores are located. It confirmed my thoughts that I had completed all the QB battles with Major Victories :) Especially pleasing that 04 + 05 were completed fully after many many attempts at 04. 05 was fairly simple compared to 04 (must be the Wellington in me :P) and it was a great battle to command and I will be sure to play that one again and again and maybe 04 at some point and try to improve on my previous score, it took some fathoming how to approach that battle and I came very close many times, but the sense of satisfaction at completing it was worth all the efforts. Now your question about difficulty level is a very resounding "No" lol I've not completed anything on Grognard difficulty as yet, I've tried the various difficulties to see the difference in style and run a couple of battles on Grognard, but I'll be honest, I was hopeless with it, rabbit caught in the headlights comes to mind :woohoo:(also I do prefer to see the whole battlefield in the overview and try to control everything personally, even the larger battles like Waterloo 9 hour scenario) but for sure I'll build up to the harder levels as I got more experience of the game as I've only been playing Scourge since Christmas after seeing videos of it on YT and talking to friends about it I couldn't resist, anything to do with the Napoleonic period is welcomed by me and a few attempts at the Gettysburg demo convinced me it was something I'd very much like. After 1000's of hours on Napoleon Total War I needed something that ramped up the battle field experience and SOW Waterloo has exceeded my expectations, I wholeheartedly applaud you guys for creating this masterpiece. So thanks again Sir, your comment was very nice to read and please continue to produce fine war games like Waterloo and Gettysburg, you have a new avid fan :)
Attachments
20170123004851_1.jpg
20170123004851_1.jpg (300.47 KiB) Viewed 174 times
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Now your question about difficulty level is a very resounding "No" lol I've not completed anything on Grognard difficulty as yet, I've tried the various difficulties to see the difference in style and run a couple of battles on Grognard, but I'll be honest, I was hopeless with it, rabbit caught in the headlights comes to mind
You misunderstood the question. I didn't suggest trying more difficulty levels, I was referring to the random 'Grognard Variant' option that will pop up at the beginning from time to time. Reload QB05 several times and you'll hit it eventually. It's grognard in the respect that you must face an additional French Corps. :evil:

Again, your message is much appreciated. :)
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Awld Hooky
Reactions:

Post by Awld Hooky »

:) Ah, I see, my apologies and I thought the French were slightly under strength in QB05 when I played ( I was expecting a massed attack from somewhere which never materialized and was holding some troops in reserve for it) although they did try some interesting flanking moves on me :ohmy: , so it will be a pleasure to take on a tougher force. A great idea to do that, the game that just keeps on giving :) Thank you Reb I am learning something new everyday.