Scourge of war has stopped working - Ligny

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
Majick
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of war has stopped working - Ligny

Post by Majick »

I've taken a look on the internet about how to get the stock scenarios into the user scenario location, and not had any luck yet.

I've also tried playing the game without any mods briefly.

It seems to me that the standard toolbar isn't even fit for purpose when compared to Redbugler's mod, due to lack of fucntionality. And to make the game work with mods seems to have been made deliberately obtuse.

Am I expecting too much from the game here? Why has it been made so difficult to enjoy it? Although I somehow managed to struggle through modding the Civil War games, I wondered at the time why I was having to go through such a laborious process. This time round it's even eluding me how to do it at all.

Why should I be having to do this devs? Either give the game enough options so the there is no need for mods, or make it straighforward for us to apply mods. The smoke is another example. Why do we need a mod to make smoke more persistant? Why is there no option?

OK That's my rant over. I guess I'll spend the next week trying to work out how to find the right mods and apply them, and another week trying to get through a game without knowing if it will fail at the last hurdle again. Oh the joys of gaming, maybe it's time to hang up the PC and get a blinkin XBox grrr.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Thanks RebBugler and Blondo,

Is there a place to go for mods that are up to date and that work with the waterloo games?

Jon
Mods aren't regulated, you just have to check their threads from time to time to see if you have the latest version.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Majick
Reactions:

Post by Majick »

Thanks RebBugler (and sorry I spelt your name wrong previously!).

It seems my option then is to play the game without mods, with a less than functional standard toolbar, or download your mod and maybe others, never knowing if due to the unregulated nature of it, a 6 hour game might fail during the last few minutes.

I'm not sure I can bring myself to risk such a disappointment again, this particular experience has scrapped the efforts of a week's gaming in elapsed time. Ah well cest la guerre.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I've taken a look on the internet about how to get the stock scenarios into the user scenario location, and not had any luck yet.
The Grog Toolbar includes cloned versions of the stock scenarios which are playable through User Scenarios. Also, all DLC scenarios, Quatre Bras, etc., are also available for playing in User Scenarios.

If everything is installed correctly there should be no issues using the latest Grog Toolbar with any scenarios played through User Scenarios.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Majick
Reactions:

Post by Majick »

Thanks very much RebBugler, I think I have it all installed right now and I'm going to give it another go :)