Joomla & Fireboard Tips for Newbies

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Chonaman
Reactions:

Joomla & Fireboard Tips for Newbies

Post by Chonaman »

Since I qualify as a newbie, I was hoping to start a thread that could help me and those who follow.

Basically, I see a lot of cool functionality that I don't yet understand. I see plugins that I don't currently use because I'm not sure what they are or where to get them, although I have a pretty good idea.

For instance, I see Karma ratings and expanded user profiles and icons along with the standard stuff. Anyone care to share their knowledge of these things?

Can anyone tell me why, when you're trying to post, the text on the \"Submit\", \"Preview\" and \"Cancel\" buttons is so dark it's almost invisible? It took me half an hour to figure that one out! :S
norb
Reactions:

Re:Joomla & Fireboard Tips for Newbies

Post by norb »

I wish that I was an expert, but I'm not. A while back I wanted a more community friendly board. Something where anyone could write an article for the front page or submit links. I evaluated several and Joomla seemed the easiest to use with the most community support.

There is a ton of help on their website if you want to check it out.

I know that the template for the fireboard is not great. I looked through a lot of them and chose this one because it matched the rest of the board and because it stretched all the way to the right. It wasn't easy finding one. I am certainly open to others, I just don't have the time to look through them all and neither does the team.

I am learning too, so any tips are appreciated by all. I've done a few things with my profile, mostly obvious stuff. I'm not sure about the karma either or if it's any more than just a display. I think that there is a lot here to play with and we'll learn it all eventually.