New Scourge of War Waterloo video series on youtube

A section for Waterloo videos, screenshots and fan art. Post any of your creations here!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: New Scourge of War Waterloo video series on youtube

Post by RebBugler »

Yeah, targets are lighting up, no fatigue issues...I'm baffled too!

Please try this. Repeat your movements up to this point and form a battle line, see if the charge button appears and the unit is then able to charge.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

I will get on this when I get home from work as well and see if I can recreate it. Admittedly, it has been some time since I played this scenario and my video was recorded with an earlier version of the grog toolbar, though I don't see why that would affect anything.

Fassy, in addition to what Reb said, if after trying what Reb said the charge button is still not there, try putting a different battalion in the lead and see if you can hit the guns with a different battalion. I'm just shooting in the dark though until I can mess with it.

Congrats Fassy, you've stumped both Reb and I on the grog toolbar, not an easy thing to do.
Last edited by DarkRob on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Just ran this scenario several times with different battalions and the Charge button shows up as soon as the enemy Targeted icons light up, always before crossing the bridge and thereafter. Then I successfully charge and capture the guns. So, it's not a formation thing, they charged in the same formation, Column by Divisions, as seen in the screenshot. Therefore, I'm still baffled!

Are you running other mods besides the Grog Toolbar? If so, disable them and try this scenario again and report findings.
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Could it be a language thing? I notice hes running the game in a different language, while I, and probably Reb are running it in English.(Super shooting in the dark on this one)
Last edited by DarkRob on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Could it be a language thing? I notice hes running the game in a different language, while I, and probably Reb are running it in English.(Super shooting in the dark on this one)
That is quite possible because the 'Hide Button' prerequisites are text related. The text was so small on the screenshot I didn't notice this...Good find Rob. Only solution I know is translate the gui.csv file for multiple languages, and possibly other files, YIKES! Won't be me.

Edit: Ignore my gui.csv statement, there's no gui file in WL. Meant to reference the toolbar.layout file, which makes a multiple language conversion even more unlikely for me to undertake, and maybe impossible without rewriting code because of lines like this: <UserString key="NSDDrawCond" value="$status == Engaged"/>
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Fassy, in the meantime, try running the game in English and letting us know if that cures the problem.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

The text was so small on the screenshot I didn't notice this.
I didn't notice it at first either. But I don't like mysteries and I don't like being stumped so I just stared and stared at the screenshot over and over again until I saw something, anything, that was different.
FASSY
Reactions:

Post by FASSY »

Fassy, in the meantime, try running the game in English and letting us know if that cures the problem.
It was good because of the language.
It's a pity for the French language (Napoleon's)! -)
I take this opportunity to congratulate RebBugler for the quality of the game and DarkRob for that of his videos.

Last edited by FASSY on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

FASSY

Did some quick find and replace changes for Engaged, Moving and Retreating, changing to their French equivalents, as seen in this Notepad++ attachment...
The attachment FrenchToolbarFix.jpg is no longer available

New Update:
Expanded Toolbar VI - Grog

If you understand what I did, if it works, and can fix some more $status == ? conversions, please post a copy here so I can offer a French version of the Grog Toolbar.

Hope it works, least I can do for our European Allies, given our present state of Trump Idiocracy.

Edit: Messed up with the first download, hopefully fixed now. Also replaced the first attachment for clarity of information
Edit Again: Unzipped download name was wrong, fixed again...just not my day for attachments
Attachments
FrenchToolbarFix.jpg
FrenchToolbarFix.jpg (292.24 KiB) Viewed 805 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Edited the above post...wrong download file. Fixed now...