Noob question regarding the 'carryover' scenarios

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
AZTiger98
Reactions:

Noob question regarding the 'carryover' scenarios

Post by AZTiger98 »

So, I recently downloaded the game and am trying to learn all the basics. Have a question, though, and I don't see an answer anywhere in the manual. Some of the scenarios are described as "carryover scenarios", where the results of a preceding scenario are carried into the next one (i.e, if you lose 500 out of 2000 men in scenario 1, you would only have 1500 men in scenario 2).

How does one reset all scenarios to their "out-of-the-box" state?

Part of my question may be my complete unfamiliarity with what the original starting scenario should look like - for example, the Confederate version of McPherson's Ridge shows a huge number of casualties at the start - is that the normal setup? Or was that a result of my previous scenario?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Noob question regarding the 'carryover' scenarios

Post by RebBugler »

The casualties you see are reflective of the fight that took place during scenario 01. They are placed for realism and not the result of a carryover, so, you're good to go with scenario 02. For future reference 'carryover from' scenarios are reset when you replay their companion 'carryover to' scenario and achieve a higher score.

Welcome :)
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...