GCM Single Player Alternate Gameplay

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
TheBaymonster
Reactions:

GCM Single Player Alternate Gameplay

Post by TheBaymonster »

Because I absolutely love Garnier's Campaign Mod and all the work he has put into it, I thought I'd make an alternate gameplay mod to be used with his single player campaign in tribute. There's a few changes which are listed below if anyone is interested, as well as new music and some modifications to the efx. Note that this mod is meant to be used in conjunction with GCM for Single Player and must be placed at the bottom of your mod list in order for it to work. Give it a try if you want a different change in flavor.

Thanks to Garnier and all other modders who have done so much for this game. It's provided many of us with years of enjoyment.

GCM Singleplayer Alternate Gameplay

Pics of efx changes:
The attachment splash2.jpg is no longer available
The attachment splash1.jpg is no longer available

SUMMARY:
This mod is an alternate gameplay mod for single player GCM campaigns. The purpose is for immersion. Please note this mod will not work correctly unless it is used in conjunction with GCM and its mods, and is placed at the BOTTOM of your mod list.

-The range of muskets and arty has been increased to visually mimic historical firefight distance. Canister is deadly at rifle range.

-Casualty rates have been reduced so that engagements may last longer and flanking maneuvers can be set up.

-Morale is adjusted to make fights feel more organic. Units may rout slightly easier, but will re-join the fight faster with fewer casualties. The idea is to create a natural "ebb and flow" of battle.

-There is an updated version of my smoke mod which I created years ago. It's less intense than the original, but can still obscure one's view in heavy terrain.

-New music is included

All credit for GCM itself goes to Garnier, who created this outstanding project.

The attachment title.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
title.jpg
title.jpg (205 KiB) Viewed 142 times
splash1.jpg
splash1.jpg (53.23 KiB) Viewed 142 times
splash2.jpg
splash2.jpg (84.83 KiB) Viewed 142 times
Last edited by TheBaymonster on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.