All text and icons are blacked out:

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
cliometrician
Reactions:

All text and icons are blacked out:

Post by cliometrician »

Below is what I just posted to the Matrix Games Help Desk. If anyone here can help I would greatly appreciate it:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I go to the main page of the game no words can be read. All text has been blocked out, as if it has all been redacrted. By guessing at what I was clicking I managed to get to the battlefield. All trees have a large black box around them....regiments are blacked out, etc. The game cannot be played.

This happened once before a few years ago, but I can't remember how it was repaired.

Thanks for any help you can give.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: All text and icons are blacked out:

Post by Davinci »

cliometrician - Hey, how is everything going!

This has been reported several times over the years.

Try the - Right Click on the SOWGB Icon - Properties - Compatibility - Windows 7

I think that that will solve the problem.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
cliometrician
Reactions:

Re: All text and icons are blacked out:

Post by cliometrician »

Hi Davinci,

I just heard from the Matrix Help Desk. They gave the same advice you did, except they had me right click on the autorun.exe icon. I'll bet either one works.

Bottom line: problem solved!

Thanks
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby