Camera movement when mouse at edge of screen

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
OldnSlow
Reactions:

Camera movement when mouse at edge of screen

Post by OldnSlow »

Was wondering if there is a way to stop camera movement when my mouse is at the screen edges. It happens quite often when accessing the toolbar. Can anyone help?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Camera movement when mouse at edge of screen

Post by RebBugler »

Was wondering if there is a way to stop camera movement when my mouse is at the screen edges. It happens quite often when accessing the toolbar. Can anyone help?
If I'm understanding the question correctly that's what the game refers to as HITS play (camera stays with selected unit). Try the custom difficulty setting and see if that fits your needs.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
OldnSlow
Reactions:

Post by OldnSlow »

I'm learning this game playing on "Normal" difficulty. When moving the cursor to a screen edge e.g. top screen edge, this moves the camera straight forward. I was just wondering if I can disable this feature?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I'm learning this game playing on "Normal" difficulty. When moving the cursor to a screen edge e.g. top screen edge, this moves the camera straight forward. I was just wondering if I can disable this feature?
This can't be disabled that I know of. I've never heard of this concern and I've never had issues controlling the pointer. Maybe your pointer is moving too fast. Try slowing it down by tweaking your mouse app. found in the Control Panel. That's all I've got, hope you get it sorted out.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Biondo
Reactions:

Post by Biondo »

Hi OldnSlow, it's possible to slow down camera movement.

When you're in game, press Esc, select Option. You'll see four different camera speeds (forward/backward, right/left, up/down, speed rotation).

If you set this values, for example, to 10 the camera will be much more slower to move so if you hit the screen edge the view moves away just only a bit.

You'll have to use more the Map to "jump" quickly from one part to another of your deployment or use the "Go the the Selected Unit" in the OOB panel (G is the hotkeys for this) because also WASD keys moves the camera at the same speed of the mouse scrolling.
OldnSlow
Reactions:

Post by OldnSlow »

Thanks guys I'll try slowing the speed down and see how it goes.

Thank you all for your suggestions :)
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

The way to stop this entirely is to play in HITS mode. In effect you are limited to what the general sees from his horse and the game becomes a first person strategy game. This changes the whole game and may may not be to your taste.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.