A Few suggestions!

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

A Few suggestions!

Post by Hancock the Superb »

I know that people have posted many suggestions, and here is one that I'm going to follow up on (I like it so much).

1st. I would like to see the formations INCLUDE any tced units that are not engaged (beside artillery - then only if range is within 500 yards). This would make life a lot easier because when I'm commanding a division, I've tced brigades all over the place, and I want them to come to me without deviating from the goal (you know how bad those commanders are!) Then, if they are engaged, they stop. Only in the event that they are detached should they not follow their commander's instructions!

2nd. I've heard this suggested before, but I would like to say again. I would like the function of being able to detach a regiment, brigade, division, and attach it to another brigade, division, corps! I believe that this would greatly increase the ability in MP and on July 2nd, when brigades were going all over the place (the regulars getting put in with the 2nd Corps under Hancock, Humphrey's Division being commanded by the 5th Corps, Weed's brigade commanded by Warren, etc. would all greatly enhance the playability. And, for playing, if a regiment is a long way from the rest of it's brigade, as a reinforcement for another brigade, etc, it would be helpful to attach it to the brigade that it's going along with.
I even have an idea about how to do this. You know how you can capture ammo wagons and guns? Well do the same thing, except have it so you hit the attach key, a message comes up that says click on the commander who you want to attach this to (kinda like with the guard function in cavalry) and then it is attached.

I hope that Norb and his team will look into these functions deeply!

Thanks.
Hancock the Superb
Von_Clausewitz
Reactions:

Re:A Few suggestions!

Post by Von_Clausewitz »

I did not quite understand the first point but the second one i totally agree with, it would be nice once you have many week brigades if we could join them into one decent one lol.

VC
norb
Reactions:

Re:A Few suggestions!

Post by norb »

We have looked into these and there is a chance that you'll see something like them in the game. I try not to commit to anything at this point, because plans can change, but I believe that they will be addressed.