Stock Uniform Replacement

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Martin James
Reactions:

Re: Stock Uniform Replacement

Post by Martin James »

Hey, "Pom" your Graphics are very easy to convert into different uniforms by changing the "Color" a bit. davinci
I like this idea, Davinci.

Can you publish a mug's guide on how to do it please?

Martin (J)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Can you publish a mug's guide on how to do it please?
Martin - How is everything going!

What is "Your" definition of a "mug's guide" - guessing here - an example with photos?

Basically, I will use the Graphic shown in a red circle in the photo above which is ( CInf08 ).

Copied ( CInf08.dds ) to the Desktop along with the ( CInf08.plist ) file.

Renamed this to ( DInf08.dds ) - Renamed ( DInf08.plist ) Just changed the first letter to keep it easy to edit.

Photoshop - to change the "Color" and "Saturation" from blue to grey in the ( DInf08.ddds ) file.

Basically - to make the new unit look different from the previous unit, even if they are wearing the same uniform.

That is the "Simple Part" - of editing in a new uniform. The next part is also "Simple" but slightly complicated at first, but then very simple also.

As "You" know - the files are in the new format of being "Packed" - So you must change the "Names" of the Packed files in the (plist) to the "New" name that you are using!

This is where the "Single" letter comes in handy, only changing the "First" letter of the name.

I use a "Hex-Editior" with the feature of "Replace All" for a "Text String" or "Hex String", but the "text" is what we are changing in this example.

There are ( 962 ) files starting with ( CInf ) located in the (CInf08.plist) file.

Use the Replace All Feature - by changing the (CInf) to (DInf) - With a Click of the mouse 962 names will be changed in a second from (CInf) to (DInf). Also - the names are case-sensitive.

After that - Just use the Copy and Paste to change the other (csv) files to input the new uniform by using the information from the previous unit.

(unitglobal, unitmodel, and unitpack).

Post back if this is confusing!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Much obliged, Davinci. You are always such a helpful modder.

Am saving your guide for future reference.

Martin (J)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

"Pom" - I have been meaning to ask you this but keep forgetting!

Did you happen to Save any of the ( Shooting Animations ) ?

It seems that I remember you mentioning that you started out with 40 frames, but decided to reduce them to avoid the game crashing.

It appears that the game will only crash if under a certain amount of memory.

No problem, if you have deleted them.

davinci
Pom
Reactions:

Post by Pom »

Hi Davinci. Do you mean have I got a set of sprites with the higher animation frames? If so then no, I replaced that animation in my animation folder a while ago, so didn't have it to use. When I start the next project that doesn't already use existing sprites, I'll look again at the animations.

Pom.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

"Pom" - OK, Thanks!

Sometimes when I'm modding something I would always have a backup just in-case something goes wrong.

I was hoping that You had some of the "Shooting Animations" stored somewhere .

davinci
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

Hey Davinci got lost again do you have a way I can get this download link-Cleaburn -CSA
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

Hey anyone have the link to this cleaburn
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hey Davinci got lost again do you have a way I can get this download link-Cleaburn -CSA
Well "Dang" - Welcome Back!

I just checked - I can't believe that this was never posted in the Mods Section!

The only other way would be to try to send a "PM" to "POM" and wait on a reply.

He was on the boards a while ago, meaning weeks-months?

Everybody is sort of scattered these days without any Official Word as to what NSD is actually doing!

Good Luck.....It is really a Great Mod!

davinci
Cleaburn
Reactions:

Post by Cleaburn »

Hey D thanks for reply I will give him a try