New Map - Manassas 12 mile square 144 square miles

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: New Map - Manassas 12 mile square 144 square miles

Post by Saddletank »

If criticism is helpful DaV I'd suggest trying a different texture for your creeks. That to me looks like a blue railroad bed; have you tried a water texture rather than a rocky base texture?

Not convinced trails and roads were this wide away from significant cities.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

If criticism is helpful DaV I'd suggest trying a different texture for your creeks. That to me looks like a blue railroad bed; have you tried a water texture rather than a rocky base texture?
Alway's Welcome - Probably tried a hundred different water textures, can't seem to find one that simulates water. Still trying to find a type of reflective water.
Rocks for the RR tracks - Good idea, didn't think of that!
Not convinced trails and roads were this wide away from significant cities.
I like the wider roads and trails, probably due to having a wider marching formation than the default one.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
BrigadierTzu
Reactions:

Post by BrigadierTzu »

Why, Mark, why?! I'm already working on a full battle series of scenarios for the new Gettysburg map, now I have to do it for the 1st and 2nd Manassas. Who am I kidding, I'm gonna love every second of designing those scenarios.

Great work, bud!
Last edited by BrigadierTzu on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Hi, I know this problem has been posted before, but I get a crash when trying to load any scenarious or sandbox. I've tried Davinci's scenario 'fix', but it still crashes.

Does anyone know of a way to get this working?

This is the latest error I got at the end of the log file - it varies.

07:00:00 Graphic not found GFX_CS_SCarolinaState
07:00:00 Flag not found while loading unit: 15th South Carolina|UGLB_CSA_INF_6

Thanks for this map Mark - I hope you are feeling better.

David(jolly)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hi, I know this problem has been posted before, but I get a crash when trying to load any scenarious or sandbox. I've tried Davinci's scenario 'fix', but it still crashes.
Jolly - Open Play or Sandbox should work since the problem is one of the flags, if I remember correctly.

Try the Map with one of your OOB's, or another OOB that is not from this Mod.

BTW - Name the problem OOB or Scenario and I will see if I can load it.

davinci
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Thanks for the quick reply Davinci, like I say, it crashes when loading any of the supplied scenarios and sandbox. I'm not sure what you mean by trying other OOB's - here's a grab of the scenarios menu screen.

The attachment tmp_2018-08-02.jpg is no longer available

Thanks!

David(jolly)
Attachments
tmp_2018-08-02.jpg
tmp_2018-08-02.jpg (107 KiB) Viewed 146 times
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I'm not sure what you mean by trying other OOB's - here's a grab of the scenarios menu screen.
OK, I will try to get some of them working but it will not be until tomorrow night.

Another OOB, means that any OOB that is not pertaining to this particular Mod.

Basically, the OOB that you know works that you have been playing the game with.

davinci
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Jolly - The four Scenarios that you have hi-lighted all work, well at least for Me.

I did have to tap the Spacebar to get them to load, which means that I am missing one of the "Packages" files which loads some of the houses, etc...

But, "MarkT" mentioned above that the Scenarios were set up for "his" mods, which is probably where the problem lies.

One would have to have the exact set up that he is running.

If I remember correctly, replace the flag that is causing the crash with any other Confederate Flag.

It's been a while but I also think that he listed a formation that wasn't part of the original game.

I think that the way I did it was to keep loading and crashing the game while fixing any errors that appeared, eventually the game loaded.

Not Sure, if that is the approach that you are willing to take.

davinci
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

Thanks Davinci, It does seem like there is something missing to get things to load.
You obviously have the right files/mods set up for it to load ok. I wonder what exactly is causing the loading to halt and crash?

Cheers,

David(jolly)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I wonder what exactly is causing the loading to halt and crash?
"MarkT" - does make some very good maps, which I usually alter and play on for about a year.

I still have the original map, and using a "Hex-Editor" it shows that he used three packages files to load the game.

1) cville.dat
2) Sharpsburg.dat
3) McPherson.dat

So, if you are missing any of those three (dat) files, you can still load the game by pressing the Space-bar, which will by-pass the ( dat ) file that is missing.

But, all three of those files are listed with the Mod, I removed them, but you should still have them.

Have you tried removing \ replacing the problem flag?

davinci