Weather Question

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Weather Question

Post by charlesobscure »

First off I want to say that this looks magnificent. I have a question about the screen shots. I don't want to nitpick but they look somewhat dark and hazy, like the daylight isn't at full effect. I know that it was cloudy on every day of the battle followed by storms on the 4th, is that why the shots look a little dark?
Jim
Reactions:

Re:Weather Question

Post by Jim »

Our weather and cloud cover proportions are based on the actual weather at Gettysburg, as shown here: http://gburginfo.brinkster.net/weather.htm. Excluding the first action of each day, there was also a lot of gunpowder smoke in the air and that combined with very light winds made it appear darker than just the cloud cover would suggest. On July 2, Union troops moving up to the line an hour before sunset, thought that they were going in at sunset.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
charlesobscure
Reactions:

Post by charlesobscure »

Your attention to detail is sure to make this game one for the ages
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

Thanks. Our goal is to have this as close to being there in 1863 as you can get without an actual working time machine.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863