New Version of the KS Napoleon Mod Released

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: New Version of the KS Napoleon Mod Released

Post by DarkRob »

Thanks jackass that was helpful. The first post is not helpful, that is why I posted my message. I click on the link and it takes me to some weird website, and I was unable to find any sort of download information.
That weird website is the Kriegsspiel forum where the KS mod files are located. However, the link in the first post just links you to the forum itself.
The actual page you want is here:
http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1451 ... piel-style

You want to download the files for the KS sprite mod 1.06, the KS Napoleon mod 1.275 and the KS supplemental maps 1.18(Be aware that you have to register on the KS forum in order to download the files)

Download and extract to your desktop and then move them into your mods folder. Launch the game and go into "modifications" and activate all three mods(disable other mods, like the grog toolbar for example that the KS mod isn't compatible with) You now have the KS mod.

For what its worth, calling people names isn't likely to earn you many friends here. He was trying to help you. He probably didn't realize the degree of hand holding you required, as it doesn't take much searching to find the correct page from the link in the first post. You might want to check yourself before coming at people sideways again here.
Hook
Reactions:

Post by Hook »

...it doesn't take much searching to find the correct page from the link in the first post.
I still haven't found the correct page from the main page and I've tried several times. If I didn't have a direct link I wouldn't be able to get to it.

Most sites will have this kind of information on the first page so a new visitor can find it quickly.

Hook
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I still haven't found the correct page from the main page and I've tried several times. If I didn't have a direct link I wouldn't be able to get to it.
http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1451 ... piel-style

You want to download the files for the KS sprite mod 1.06, the KS Napoleon mod 1.275 and the KS supplemental maps 1.18(Be aware that you have to register on the KS forum in order to download the files)
Did You try the Link in the above post?

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Hook
Reactions:

Post by Hook »

Of course I tried the link Rob posted. Read this again:

"I still haven't found the correct page from the main page..."
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Of course I tried the link Rob posted. Read this again:

"I still haven't found the correct page from the main page..."
That's very surprising Hook, given that your computer abilities are way way above mine. I found it from the main page in about 10 seconds.
Hook
Reactions:

Post by Hook »

Rob: What can I say? I'm old. :)

Davinci: I assume the email I got was from you. It had the same link Rob posted. But thanks anyway. I've been to that thread a few times now.

In case I wasn't clear, I've visited the main page at least 4 times looking for the link to the KS mod download. The last time was to check on why chops may have had a problem. It is not obvious from what is on that page where you need to look.

If I'd been directed to the necessary thread on my first visit to the site, I would have downloaded the mod at that time. But there was only a certain amount of effort I was willing to put into searching an unfamiliar forum to find it. Since then I've learned that the mod may not be to my tastes, so I haven't downloaded it. I may at some point in the future.

I couldn't find it. Chops couldn't find it. I didn't say anything, chops did. I doubt we're the only two people who have ever gone to the main page and couldn't find the link, especially when we're directed to the main page, not the page we need.

For everyone: Keep in mind that it's easy to find something when you already know where it is. First time visitors won't know where to look.

Hook
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

egads. Seriously?

Shirley you jest.
Last edited by voltigeur on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xray
Reactions:

Post by xray »

Hi Hook

If you received the email shortly after 0900 GMT it was from yours truly.
Just had time for a quick send, forgot to sign it!

Peter
Hook
Reactions:

Post by Hook »

Ah, thanks Peter. :)
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

Thanks jackass that was helpful. The first post is not helpful, that is why I posted my message. I click on the link and it takes me to some weird website, and I was unable to find any sort of download information.
Wow, what a salty cunt.

People are trying to help you and you respond like that? Don't bother trying to download the game, we don't want you in this community anyway.