How to Multiplayer

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
McHugh
Reactions:

How to Multiplayer

Post by McHugh »

It has been a number of years since I played SOW Gettysburg but a few days ago I fired it up. It is updated to version 1.61. It is confusing where you post questions considering there is now Matrix, Slitherine and this one so I am posting at all three. Years ago I was able to play some multiplayer through the lobby.

When I created a player name and password and tried to join the lobby the following message came up:

"Not connected to Server"

If I try to map port for direct IP play the following message came up:

"Could not map port 31791 port creation failed. You will have to manually map port to host games."

I have set SOW Gettysburg as an exception so it is not being blocked by my firewall and still get the above messages. I am thinking of picking up some of add on battles like Antietam and SOW Waterloo but I prefer multiplayer. Does SOW Waterloo use the same multiplayer set up?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Asid
Reactions:

Re: How to Multiplayer

Post by Asid »

Hi McHugh

I believe the problem is addressed here

Specifically post 6.

Hope this helps.

Regards
[img]http://i.imgur.com/1Es1u0o.jpg[/img]
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

Thanks for the reply. When I clicked on the link I saw a post from Little Powell:

Aren't you receiving support in this thread?

We're looking into a patch to get this resolved permanently. Hopefully you can get the workaround going until then. Reminder that the hosts file needs admin rights. If the right line is there, it should work. As Biondo suggested, you should PM him your hosts file and he will take a look. Thanks Biondo for your help.

I am wondering if a patch will be issued. Thanks.
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

Well, 5 days and no response to my question as to whether a patch is being worked on. Every game I own can be played multiplayer except for SOW Gettysburg. I won't be buying any of the add on battles or SOW Waterloo unless they can be played multiplayer. Maybe they should have added an option for PBEM.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

The patch is ready and will hopefully get to Matrix by next week.
Last edited by Little Powell on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

Thank you for your response. I will check at the Matrix site next week for the patch. Looking forward to some multiplayer gaming.
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

I am wondering if this patch is still going to be released since it is now a month past the week you said it would be at the Matrix site. Thanks.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

That's up to Matrix. They are notoriously slow at releasing patches. You should enquire there for further info.
McHugh
Reactions:

Post by McHugh »

I ended up posting here because my initial post at Matrix Games on April 4th never received one reply. I posted again yesterday specifically asking about the patch.

Needless to say I won't be purchasing any of more SOW games including Waterloo until I can play them multiplayer.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

there is a work around as per Asid's helpful link directed to you. I have been playing many SOW MP games lately and a simple edit of a file is all that needs to be done. Needless to say this will require some input on your part.
Last edited by voltigeur on Sat May 19, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.