Warts and all, the Sandbox Campaign is a nice addition to the game.

Questions on the new sandbox campaign for Waterloo can go here.
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Warts and all, the Sandbox Campaign is a nice addition to the game.

Post by Jean Lafitte »

GREAT concept. I am disappointed that no further work is being done on this part of the game. I WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY for a well-developed game of this sort with a well-developed Sandbox Campaign. The 100 Days Campaign seems to be the ideal topic for Sandbox Campaign.

What are the chances of us getting MORE along the lines of the Sandbox Campaign as the future unfolds?

Thanks.
Last edited by Jean Lafitte on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Re: Warts and all, the Sandbox Campaign is a nice addition to the game.

Post by montecristo1981 »

GREAT concept. I am disappointed that no further work is being done on this part of the game. I WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY for a well-developed game of this sort with a well-developed Sandbox Campaign. The 100 Days Campaign seems to be the ideal topic for Sandbox Campaign.

What are the chances of us getting MORE along the lines of the Sandbox Campaign as the future unfolds?

Thanks.
#

This 100%

I love the campaign game - it's the only thing anything like it on the market and so exciting with so much untapped potential!

BUT

I just don't find any reason to split my army up and can march around ready for battle at all times with all my forces - none of the campaign modes encourage you to divide your forces. So all of the campaign game type dynamic, i.e. heading for different objectives, maneuvering and flanking, overpowering with a separate corps brought to the battlefield faster than the enemy can bring theirs is pointless without some way of bringing in reinforcements. You can move the time onwards to get the friendly forces to the battlefield but I haven't been able to figure out how to get them into the fight without disengaging and retreating to a nearby town! Not to mention if the two generals are evenly ranked they wont be able to join together anyway - i.e. 2 x division commanders can't join to form a Corps as there is no Corps commander and neither can take precedence.

How do the rest of you play? Any mods for it?
Last edited by montecristo1981 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

I just don't find any reason to split my army up and can march around ready for battle at all times with all my forces - none of the campaign modes encourage you to divide your forces.
What about the "Conquer map - occupy the majority of towns" campaign?
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

I've been playing the 'conquer map' style of campaign a bit more of late and I think what could make it more exciting is to have a time limit. Wonder is that possible?
Jean Lafitte
Reactions:

Post by Jean Lafitte »

The company doesn't seem to have time to work on this project now. We'll have to hope that they find some time in the future.
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Well with a surprise patch last week and a free megamod, scenarios and map coming soon I am happy to hope :)
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Any1 have any good campaign AARs?
montecristo1981
Reactions:

1 year since my last post and no AARs, guess not - jeez, does no-one play sandbox campaign? I think was my fav thing about Waterloo
Last edited by montecristo1981 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

That's because it doesn't work.
Leicestershire
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

That's because it doesn't work.
It certainly could have more functionality, but it does work. For large battles it is great - you even have the elements of repair, 'level-up' in the cities if you like that type of play so its a great way of stringing sandbox battles together over a few fights. But it is if you are trying to split forces up into multiple smaller elements and then merge rapidly before or during a fight that it could be better.