New Version of Waterloo!

Let's talk about the issues in converting the SOW engine to handle Waterloo. Ideas, suggestions, feature requests, comments.
norb
Reactions:

New Version of Waterloo!

Post by norb »

I wanted to give a big shout out to the ones that made this possible. I had nothing to do with it but build it. That's a first for NSD and it means a lot to our games, especially Waterloo as everyone got a great patch much sooner.

Davide (Mitra) did all the coding for the patch. Yes, they do speak C++ in Italy. He did a great job, so you can thank him. The entire design of the MP save and restore came from him.

Flavio (Biondo) worked closely with Davide through the entire process to make sure the patch was up to NSD quality. He's taking a lot of the testing upon himself and although he's our newest member, he's made a big splash.

Kevin (Marching thru Georgia) took on a lot of the testing and modding feature requests. He also did pretesting with his group. Kevin reached out to NSD to make sure that our patch would include the needs of the modders.

If I forgot anyone, please let me know as I don't want to leave anyone out.
mitra76
Reactions:

Re: New Version of Waterloo!

Post by mitra76 »

Thanks Norb :) ; I want only add also Andrew (Gunship) tested with Flavio
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
duncan
Reactions:

Post by duncan »

Thanks to you for your commitment in this wonderful game !
con20or
Reactions:

Post by con20or »

Great work all involved!
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

Thanks so much Norb and the dedicated team!

I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours of joy on all of your games, from Gettysburg to Antietam to all of the Napoleonic games.

I'm sure I speak for many when I say that I absolutely CANNOT wait for the next installment! Your games are second to none when it comes to pure strategy, epic scale and historical accuracy and I'm so thankful for you guys!
Mark
Reactions:

Post by Mark »

I'm sorry I keep trying to like this game; GO BACK TO THE OLD INTERFACE. It's literally impossible to play HITS and I don't want to order units around with the right click. It's so much more difficult. Not enjoyable.

I could understand if this was your first go around but you created SOW game that worked perfectly interface wise... why on earth did you change it?

Terrible sorry. I fire this up every six months or so and its just god awful to use.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

It's literally impossible to play HITS
Seems to work fine for me. Maybe give the Grog Toolbar a try? I never leave France without it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-HcV-H4NhU&t=536s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RBWqACg39U&t=2114s