Infantry weapon ranges

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
BigDuke66
Reactions:

Infantry weapon ranges

Post by BigDuke66 »

Hi
I had looked a bit through all the modifications threads and more than a few times the ranges of rifles were discussed.
There seem to be a general agreement that just because the general rifled musket could fire 500 yards that this would be an unrealistic range of engagement. On the other hand many found the 160 yards that most infantry weapons use as too short, also because of the artillery that fired already canister at 200 cards without the infantry being able to engage it.
Despite these discussion I've seen no mod released that tries to bring the ranges up to a "realistic" level and also take the infantry vs. artillery problem into account, is there really none out there???
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Infantry weapon ranges

Post by RebBugler »

I did this mod early on. It's an ancient toolbar mod but you can copy the Rifles.csv file to B&F, logistics folder, and it should give you 200 yd musket ranges.

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/mp-for ... e200#32180
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...