SYW BATTLE OF LEUTHEN RE-RELEASED

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
remus
Reactions:

Re: SYW BATTLE OF LEUTHEN RE-RELEASED

Post by remus »

HI jilan5031

Thanks for your post and I prefer you to give feedback as it helps me make corrections as needed. With reference to the cannons they were one of the items that I was trying to update but when I entered the changes into the game the game crashed and did so many times with some of the other changes I also tried to implement. For example I wanted to change the color of the Austrian cannoniers as well as include the limbers but in the end I had to give up as it was taking up too much time trying to find the errors.

The lessons learned and I will be including the changes into the Battle of Lobositz which I hope will not be too far away.

Thanks again for your input
remus
jlan5031
Reactions:

Post by jlan5031 »

Rebus,
I can't always end the battles without quitting the game. I noticed this earlier, but yesterday the End Battle command seemed to be working. Today, in order to stop, I needed to resign from the game completely. Are you aware of this, or am I missing something?
Regards,
Jlan5031
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi jilan5031

I actually have experienced what you mentioned but I have thought that it was a fault with Gettysburg itself. I use the Anniversary edition on windows 10 and thought that was what might have caused it. I don’t know what it would be if the game was causing it. I would be interested to know if anyone else experiences the same problem or has a solution to its cause. This happened to me also when I was playing ACW.

remus
Last edited by remus on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Additional material
jlan5031
Reactions:

Post by jlan5031 »

Remus (Sorry for the "Rebus),
Thanks again for your response. It was interesting. I've been playing GB for years and don't remember having had the problem. It's only appeared with SYW LEUTHEN.
Incidentally, what map would you recommend using?
Keep up the good work.
Regards,
Jlan
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Joan 5031

I might try looking deeper into why the problem is occurring and see if there is a link to the SYW game I’ll let you know if I have any luck. As for maps I have downloaded from the released mods section, maps related to the Shenandoah Valley campaign ,they have few if any fences, hilly terrain and reasonable forests. The alpine map is good as you can hide troops a lot easier and have ten miles to play with. It is of course a personal preference but worth given them a try.

Remus
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

I might try looking deeper into why the problem is occurring and see if there is a link to the SYW game I’ll let you know if I have any luck.
Typing this without testing anything!

I downloaded your Mod but haven't Installed it, Only into the ACW at the moment.

But,the "gscreens.csv" file seems alright as far as I know. The only other files that would control this is the "Base \ Graphics \ Screens " folder.

You could try "Copying" the entire "Screens" folder from the "Base" into your Mod to see if the problem persists, but its sort of a long shot since the game is designed to load those files by default.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Davinci

Thanks for that. At least it gives me a good starting point to work with. Will give that a go

remus
jlan5031
Reactions:

Post by jlan5031 »

Remus,
Thanks, for your response. I'll look at the maps you suggested.
I looked up the Battle of Leuthen on the website "thesevenyearswar.com." I'm sure you know that website. I don't know why it took me so long to do that.
Lastly, in both your SYW mod and GB, if I select an Army General, for example, Meade, in the Sandbox, all that shows up under my command are a handful of units with no contact with corps or divisions. Do you know anything about that?
Anyway, I don't want to be a bother.
Thanks again,
Jlan
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Jlan 5031

Another site is Project Seven Years War the best I am aware of so far. Reference the generals problem if you think that there is no problem with the Gettysburg program itself then from my own experience iwhen something similar happened to me was selecting the size of battle ie brigade,division,corps or army from the options. If it has only happened recently since the SYW install then remove the SYW from the mod folder and try the ACW game. That should give you a fair indication of the problem. Let me know how this works out.

remus